Thread: LPG Conversion help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LPG Conversion help

i've seen a factory fitted LPG kit on a 1.6 16v mk4 will this fit my 2.0 SRi, if so what parts will i need from the old car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i'd say not it wouldnt work, i'm assuming the lpg kits have jets just like petrol jets, so i imagine that they would be the wrong size. i could be wrong tho!
    Fitted options: Folding mirrors, cruise control, dual tone horn, remap.
    Next: Bluetooth

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have a factory kit on my 1.8 coupe. This is the same kit as on the 1.4 as thats what i had before. As far as i know you can ask a company in knarsbrough called northern autogas to carry out a factory conversion for you as they are the company that do all of vauxhalls once the cars roll off the production line.

Go LPG you wont regret it:
    Astra Coupe 1.8 Bertone Factory LPG (280 miles on £20)

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had my 1.6 8v converted 3k miles ago - you will need a 'certificate of conformity' to give to your insurers and will need to tell the dvla.

My only piece of advice is go for the biggest gas tank that you can get to fit your car - by this i mean a cylinder tank not toroidal ones that fit in the wheel well. I have a 60 litre tank - 19 quid to fill - takes me over 300 miles - and this is with foot planted on floor all the time. A smaller tank with a larger engine will mean you are filling up all the time.

Despite what people say - your car will drive differently - after all it is designed to drive on petrol not lpg. I mean differently as opposed to worse or better - its just a change of driving style.

But at 43p a litre - who cares. Last thing there is a difference in 'back street' garage lpg and forecourt lpg (the Esso's etc). The forecourt stuff is of a better quality from my experience.

I should have done it years ago - its like the Autoglym and Meguires argument - you don't know how good it is until you try it.

Oh and ask for a flashlube kit to be fitted
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.