Thread: wrongly aimed speed cameras

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wrongly aimed speed cameras

There is a stretch of road near me that I always suspect the speed camera is miss aimed.

As I drive towards it, it is on the opposite side of the road and flash and camera faces me, not the blank orange face.

I may or may have not sped past it in an effort to cause it to flash.

Hypothetically if it did flash, is it my civic right as a citizen to report it or will the authority realise this.

Hypothetically, if an RX8 driver on the opposite side of the road was doing the limit and he got flashed by a vehicle on the other side of the road will he get in trouble?
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    Top Gear Guy
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    some are positioned on the opposite side due to obstructions ie lamp posts or trees :S

Unless some "kids" have spun it round "i didnt realise" classic answer if anyone asks lol
    Now an Audi A3 Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by ledster
    some say he should have driven faster,some say he has the memory of a gold fish,all we know is he was 10 minutes late...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the road markings would show the speed of the other vehicle, just ring em and report it, they wont mind - say the car in front of you set it off speeding past.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen a set of cameras like this on the road between basingstoke and Newbury.

The cameras are about 100 yards away from each other, but point away from the white "tail tail" lines in the road.

Its been like it for a good two years... and always strikes me as being odd.
    Yet another p0100 and p0110, fault code sufferer with the X18XE1

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blistz View Post
    I've seen a set of cameras like this on the road between basingstoke and Newbury.

The cameras are about 100 yards away from each other, but point away from the white "tail tail" lines in the road.

Its been like it for a good two years... and always strikes me as being odd.
    looks like truelo cameras to me, they've been swap with gatsos. they are meant to face that way. They have 3 strips in the road, go over them too fast and they take a snap and send you a ticket.

Status
    Princess Oompa loompa!
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There are two cameras by me that can swivel either way to catch cars in either direction

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if its a gatso with the yello box on the back and it flashes you going towards it thay carnt do anything so iv been told because its working the wrong way iv been flashed tree times by these cameras and never herd anything. was flashed on friday 27 in great bridge on the dewel caridgeway going from wendsbury to great bridge by a cam on the otherside of the road so ill keep u posted