Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Got Pulled Tonight..

Got pulled by the police for the first time tonight

Coming to an island, I slow down, and look to my right, like normal driving entails, anyway, nothing to the right of me, so i begin to pull away, and was doing about 20mph, where on the left side of me, a taxi driver pulls out, then stops over the white line. (he shouldnt have gone), anyway, the police were behind him..

So i carry on going right like I intended, sticking to my lanes, indicating as you should. I come off the island and then saw this car come nailing off the island.. great, its the police, bet they pul....... <flashing lights>

so i indicate, pull over, wind down my window, the policemen get out, one begins walking to me, so i stick my head out of the window "whats up" <"What??!"> like i'd shit on his foot or something.

I was like, well, you've pull me, whats up..

Them: <"going a bit fast round that island werent you">
    Me: "no, not atall actually, i was doing less than the speed limit, about 20mph when i first came to it".
    Them: "have you been drinking tonight?"
    Me: erm, I had one pint about 4-5 hours ago.
    Them: "can you switch the engine off"
    Me: "No, i mean, erm, can i let it cool down first"

Then they asked me to get out of the car, asked me where i'd been twice, and what I was doing, so i explained in detail, well ive been to ... playing pool, then ive been to .... to drop my mate home, then ive been to .... to get cash out, then im on my way to .... to get some food.

they then asked for my documents, which i gave, and then he proceeded to look at them for ages, gave me the card back, and then snatched it back for another look, then let me go

bit pointless, i'd done nothing wrong and had nothing to worry about, so why did they pull me, when they should have pulled the bloody taxi driver infront of them that could have caused an accident.

Atleast I didnt get points or anything, so it was kind of a good experience, and not as bad as some people get, it does go to show that 1) not all policemen are out to get you, and 2) they do pull you for no apparent reason
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Glad you never had too bad an experience with the plod, Friends of mine have had the door cards and interior panels pulled off by the police searching for drugs (yes officer Im a drugs baran, thats why I drive a rusty, clapped out j reg 1.2 nova) bit of sarcasm there sorry, just because they couldnt do them for anything else so they wrecked the cars, I believe they are alot better nowadays.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I count myself as one of the lucky ones. Back when I was 17, I did 80mph down a 30mph road at 2am in the morning on the way back home from London, the plod was behind me and I thought it was a guy just trying to race ... next thing you know flashing lights!! He let me off and complimented my car saying mate honestly dont do it again because its an instant ban ... I couldnt stop thanking him, and since then, never again.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like that was the lets be a nob force, not the polce force. :\

Im well broken into being pulled for no reason, as I drove fleet cars when I first passed the police werent happy that I 'drive a better car than his wifes' I even once got interrogated while waiting for food in the chippy
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
    Got pulled by the police for the first time tonight

Coming to an island, I slow down, and look to my right, like normal driving entails, anyway, nothing to the right of me, so i begin to pull away, and was doing about 20mph, where on the left side of me, a taxi driver pulls out, then stops over the white line. (he shouldnt have gone), anyway, the police were behind him..

So i carry on going right like I intended, sticking to my lanes, indicating as you should. I come off the island and then saw this car come nailing off the island.. great, its the police, bet they pul....... <flashing lights>

so i indicate, pull over, wind down my window, the policemen get out, one begins walking to me, so i stick my head out of the window "whats up" <"What??!"> like i'd shit on his foot or something.

I was like, well, you've pull me, whats up..

Them: <"going a bit fast round that island werent you">
    Me: "no, not atall actually, i was doing less than the speed limit, about 20mph when i first came to it".
    Them: "have you been drinking tonight?"
    Me: erm, I had one pint about 4-5 hours ago.
    Them: "can you switch the engine off"
    Me: "No, i mean, erm, can i let it cool down first"

Then they asked me to get out of the car, asked me where i'd been twice, and what I was doing, so i explained in detail, well ive been to ... playing pool, then ive been to .... to drop my mate home, then ive been to .... to get cash out, then im on my way to .... to get some food.

they then asked for my documents, which i gave, and then he proceeded to look at them for ages, gave me the card back, and then snatched it back for another look, then let me go

bit pointless, i'd done nothing wrong and had nothing to worry about, so why did they pull me, when they should have pulled the bloody taxi driver infront of them that could have caused an accident.

Atleast I didnt get points or anything, so it was kind of a good experience, and not as bad as some people get, it does go to show that 1) not all policemen are out to get you, and 2) they do pull you for no apparent reason

did you get breathalised?
    do you have any mods on your car?
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneGSI View Post
    did you get breathalised?
    do you have any mods on your car?
    didnt get breathalised

and yep, loads but engine mods
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its because your a lad in a powerfull car thats all and a aLOT of hoping for a bust on their part..

I seem to be getting stopped for "routine checks" a lot lately.. Last was for "acelerating too quickly" and before that it was "tyres look worn" WTF I was doing 70 when they flashed me so how the toss could they think see them before stopping me

Yet with the amount of times I am getting stopped and a: producing a valid licence and insurance document b: passing any breath checks with a zero reading and c: my car in 100% condition, I see a crazy load of complete shitboxes on the roads weaving abount on mobile phones with a family of 7 in the back and faulty brake and headlights... Buggers.. makes you wonder why you bother being legal dont it..
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when i was on the motorway recently the amount of people with headlights tail lights and brake lights not working was unreal. and the police just go straight past them.
    People with illegal number plates do my head in too. If i was a cop i'd be pulling loads of people over for lights and number plates
    SMIC, miltek catback, precat, Thorney remap 242.7 bhp 281lb/ft torque

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The cops just get pissed when your Astra looks better than their 1.4 Envoy.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got pulled once and they said i would be pulled over alot cause im young driving a flash car i was like WTf how can they say that.

I thought the law stated any pull over needs to be breathalised?
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast