Thread: flash car wash kit

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

flash car wash kit

hello used the flash car cleaning kit for the first time today and WOW!, I'm a autoglym man myself i have every product they sell and think its the dogs, but i thought i would try this kit out i seen it in instore fo £5.99 with shampoo and auto dry bargain. the results are better then the auto glym shampoo and the auto dry does work its took half the time and no need for the leather, it looks like its been cleaned and polished top marks to flash its the dogs, if you havent got one go buy one because it will save you a lot of time and the results are amazing.
    coupe 1.8 played with 162bhp and 139.7lbs/ft of torque on tap

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    shouldn't use a leather anyway. What you should be drying with is a waffleweave towel.

If you think that flash is good, the Megs NXT wash makes your car look shiny even before polishing and waxing.

Some people on here do buy the flash kits just for the auto-dry
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    shouldn't use a leather anyway. What you should be drying with is a waffleweave towel.

If you think that flash is good, the Megs NXT wash makes your car look shiny even before polishing and waxing.

Some people on here do buy the flash kits just for the auto-dry
    waffleweave towel never heard of it and never met a autoglym valet use one, nowt in the autoglym cleaning guide about it might look into it.

megs nxt i have never used so could not tell you if its better, i have never used any of megs products because i have allways got the results i need from autoglym they make some top stuff plus i can get all there products very cheap alot cheaper then megs. but might look into trying some megs no harm in that, whats there bumper care like compared to autoglym bumper care?.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Autoglym bumper care is better, no doubt.

But... NXT wash is better than flash, definitely. The shampoo used in the flash kit is slightly acidic, and doesn't really do you're bodywork any favours... don't get me wrong it's not like scrubbing your car with tesco APC and a brush.... but if you want superb results, don't use it.
    Sam Fishlock
    Gentle Detail

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishlock View Post
    Autoglym bumper care is better, no doubt.

But... NXT wash is better than flash, definitely. The shampoo used in the flash kit is slightly acidic, and doesn't really do you're bodywork any favours... don't get me wrong it's not like scrubbing your car with tesco APC and a brush.... but if you want superb results, don't use it.
    well my car paint is protected with super resin and extra gloss protection so the flash kit shouldn't strip that off. but i think the flash kit is good if you need to clean the fast it gives you more time to put more layers of polish on after and then extra gloss protection.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mancity2006 View Post
    waffleweave towel never heard of it and never met a autoglym valet use one, nowt in the autoglym cleaning guide about it might look into it.
    Waffleweave towel link here
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mancity2006 View Post
    well my car paint is protected with super resin and extra gloss protection so the flash kit shouldn't strip that off. but i think the flash kit is good if you need to clean the fast it gives you more time to put more layers of polish on after and then extra gloss protection.
    But doing a 'quick job' of the wash and dry, means the polish/sealant/wax wouldn't give off the best results... preparation is as important as finish.

And how do you know the flash wash will not strip the LSP off? I bet it would...
    Sam Fishlock
    Gentle Detail

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishlock View Post
    But doing a 'quick job' of the wash and dry, means the polish/sealant/wax wouldn't give off the best results... preparation is as important as finish.

And how do you know the flash wash will not strip the LSP off? I bet it would...
    its not a quick wash job but a quick dry job yes, the polish and sealent has not striped off i can tell by touch and finish. its brought the gloss back and removed small scratch`s. trust me mate its a good bit of kit.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'll stick to my kit, thanks.

Sam

ps: Washing your car has not removed small scratches, that's simply impossible.
    Sam Fishlock
    Gentle Detail

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gazTD View Post
    Waffleweave towel link here
    cheers might get one to see what there like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast