Thread: Car Alarm problem

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Car Alarm problem

Hiya, i have not been on here for ages i know however i need help with my car as it is driving me nuts. I have a coupe 2.0t with the standard car alarm and mobiliser, it is a two tone alarm the horn and a siren. The problem i have is that the siren has started to go off for no aparrent reason and when it goes off i cannot switch it off i have to wait till it has finished. Hower today it has started to go off when i was driving. Is there a way of disabling the siren just so i can get it to a dealer to have a look at it. At present it is sitting outside with the battery disconected and as soon as i connect it the thing goes off again. If i disconnect the siren off the battery the immobiliser kicks in. Anyone have any ideas what i can do. Please help as it is really doing my head in.
    cheers

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the siren is under the passengers wheel arch sounds like the battery's are gone inside as its a battery back up alalrm, best thing is take it off the is a tut in the tut's section, i bought a brand new siren from ebay for £25 delivered next day don't know if the guys still selling them, if not vauxhalls do them for around £40 quid or the other option is to change the batterys but that's alot of haslle for saving yourself approx a tenner or so..

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    oh yes if the imobilser is cutting in after you unplug the siren,

you must turn ignition on then off then within 15 secs remove the siren,