Thread: Sky Hd

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sky Hd

I am thinking of finally ordering Sky HD today.

Does many people have it on here? What deal did you get from sky, any discount?

I have been looking on Ebay and some shops on there are selling it for £180, Can these be trusted or am I safer going through Sky themselves?

Thanks for help and advice

Al
    Black 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont bother mate its there are only 10 or so hd channels and 1 or 2 hd film channels imo its really not worth it

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i wouldnt bother just yet either mate, not many channels and i think it would be a lot safer going through sky if you decide to go for it as you many need more than just the box,

it was the same with sky+, people where selling them on ebay to upgrade from normaly sky, but sky+ has an extra cable compared to the normal sky and it could be the same with skyHD but i could be wrong

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    think the box receives two signals but you still have to call you sky and set it up

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sky aren't interested where you get the boxes from. I had an issue with my standard sky box they said it would be £60 to fix, I said sod off and got one on ebay for £5. Rang them to sort the card out and they were fine, she admitted as much.

As for HD upgrade hubby wants it but would rather wait until more channels are introduced.
    www.kandkonline.co.uk
    For all your styling needs at competitive prices.
    Check out our Forum for Lottery Details!

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have Sky HD, and as ppl have said there arent many channels, but the ones that there are, are fecking awesome!!! Can really tell the difference!

The only reason we got it was because we were upgrading the tele and Sky HD came as a special deal.

If you already have Sky + then i wouldnt say it is worth upgrading, unless you really really want HD, but if you are upgrading from normal Sky then get the HD as it has the Sky+ feature in it as well.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by redhotpanther View Post
    I have Sky HD, and as ppl have said there arent many channels, but the ones that there are, are fecking awesome!!! Can really tell the difference!

The only reason we got it was because we were upgrading the tele and Sky HD came as a special deal.

If you already have Sky + then i wouldnt say it is worth upgrading, unless you really really want HD, but if you are upgrading from normal Sky then get the HD as it has the Sky+ feature in it as well.
    I'm with what he said, I've also got Sky HD and yes there are only a few channels, but OMG the ones I have got are so amazing. The picture clarity and depth of colour and detail is amazing. Planet Earth by the BBC in HD is the most awesome show ever.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    whats SkyHD like compared to Blu-Ray, as i have a few Blu-Ray movies and the quality is amazing,

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by munkie View Post
    whats SkyHD like compared to Blu-Ray, as i have a few Blu-Ray movies and the quality is amazing,

It depends on the braodcast bitrate. In theory it should be the same, unfortunatley that's not always the case

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I think my mind is made up, i'm going to order it! I am just about to order my new tv, Samsung 40" 1080P so would think it'd go nice with that

I currently have the normal Sky (not +) so I think it would be the right move?

Al
    Black 1.8 Coupe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast