Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

exhaust help

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASTRA-G-4-REMU...QQcmdZViewItem

this link is to a remus pipe that is a direct replacement for your middle section. I own a 1.8 2001 astra coupe. Will this be a direct placement.. people are mentioning flange fitments? how do i tell if my car has flange fitment..

as if it has if i wanted to get another backbox, can i just go for one that has a flange fitment and is for an astra 1.8 coupe?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get under the car and have a look

at the joint between the centre section and the rear box - if it has two adjoining plates with bolts and springs its the "flange fitment".......if it has one pipe slid over the other and held in place with a clamp its a "sleeve fitment"

As u correctly pointed out - if u have the sleeve fitting currently they yes u can easily get the remus pipe and any corresponding coupe specific back box with a flange fitment and youll have yourself a cat-back system.

You can however also buy a sleeve-to-flange adaptor that would (or could be modified) to fit onto the sleeve backbox (if fitted) but if u only have a standard (or irmscher oe backbox) then would be better upgrading.

HTH

** All model variants (coupe/cabriolet, hatch, estate, van, saloon) share the same centre section so the remus pipe fits all models (Normally Aspirated Petrol models only) - its only the rear box that is model dependent... ie on the coupe models the tailpipe itself is 130mm longer than hatch models (Just a little info in case anyone is interested)