Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you hate your job?

Well my answer would be yes

It was an 'ok' job, but still dead end and shitty, but now I have been told to do more different things, had bare minimum of training and people giving me constant shit from 8.30 am to 5.30pm.

I have only ever really enjoyed one job I had, and that was only for the first couple of months before I realised they where taking me for a ride totally.

So the question is, is there anyone that has actually landed the job they always wanted and enjoy most of it?
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've enjoyed my job for the last two weeks while my boss has been on holiday, havent been in the office much just been driving about for most of the day listening to music and when i do get to a call it only takes 30 minutes max and i only have about 4 or 5 a day, but hes due back next week so its back in the office and having to suffer with the mounds of phonecalls and work to do not to mention the crap pay, £175 a week

Also what is it you do exactly if you dont mind me asking?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im a van man! Its alright really, no one bothers me except the odd n*b head customer! But its ok, money aint to bad either!

Would love to be a formula one driver or something tho!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quite enjoy mine, plenty of freedom, hardly any pressure (plenty of targets but no one seems to do anything if you don't reach them) and pay is pretty good for my age too.

SXi Stu
    enjoy mine quite alot, only 4 days a week, 3 hours of breaks a day and hardly any pressure

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well, i'm retired really but over the last 4 years i have kept busy by running the worlds biggest privately owned mobile technology website, Mobile-Review.com.
    I hated ALL my jobs prior to that.
    07 Astra 1.8VVT(140PS) design 5dr Auto.

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    I hate my current job with a passion. It got me down so much that I went through a stage of coming home in tears every night.

I'm supplying suspended ceilings and plasterboard for office interiors, from day one I've been dumped on the office floor with practically zero training, I spent most of my first month just sat watching as other people around me were busy. I've been there 6 months and still very little training and even when they do bother with me I'm not taken away from the office for private training....we're sat at our desks (I sit next to the boss) and people are constantly interrupting and the phone is ringing and I'm not picking anything up because there are simply too many distractions.

To cut a long story short I'm pretty disgusted with my company as a whole, they have no interest in their employees progession whatsoever, the fact that I have been there so long and I still can't do my own job properly is a proof of that and I got to the point where I just hit a wall and decided that I purely don't care anymore. It's soul destroying and ruins any confidence in yourself.

Thats the doom and gloom over with....I have found myself a new job which I was headhunted for and I'm very excited about. I start at the end of this month and fortunately I only have to give my current boss a weeks notice so I'm leaving it as late as possible so I can drop them on their arse.

So....K*****t if you're reading this...Up Yours!

People say "It's just a job, just think of the money" I can safely say that is absolute bullsh*t, when you spend 9 hours a day, 5 days a week wishing your life away...it's definitely more than that.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I mainly dislike the people I work with. Although they are great, they tend to take the piss alot.

I work for two companies in the same building, support anything to do with IT and electronics. I build all the in house software, support it and third party applications.

I am expected to know third party applications like my own without any prior training, and whats worse is most of it is no longer supported by the vendor.

I was basically the person that dealt with the all the shit that my colleague told me to do, but since he has left, I am now the IT Manager.

Problem is I am still waiting for the official promotion, with payrise etc. Whats worse is that i've only just managed to get proof that i'm getting underpaid by a grand a year.

The company is a shambles basically.

The good bit is, I get as much freedom as I want. I now have my own office, and I can sit and do what I want all day, unless i have work to do.

I get to do pretty much all the jobs I want in one company.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I enjoy what i do, but the bosses like to be in control and i dont get much freedom/responsibility, and not half the training opportuniities i was expecting.

If anything would make me leave its the lack of progress i've made in the company, theres just no opportunity for anything.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well my first major job (after 3 years in supermarket) was for a place called amatica, I was taken on to do some minor it tech work and mainly do stats and some helpdesk, well the helpdesk and stats side died after a month of me starting and I was doing all sorts of server / firewall configurations etc, managing webservers, all for a whopping 9k a year, everytime I brought up pay they brought up some shambollick excuse as to why I was so stupidly underpaid, so I stopped working quite as hard as I used to, which led to their boot, my arse, front door.

That destroyed what little confidence I had, spent a few months unemployed bla bla bla

Got working in iceland then switched straight over to howard basfords, who are a large chain of bodyshops in the north west, job was all easy if not borring and totally mind numbing (I am in the parts department) this week ive been told im doing paint and workshop materials ordering, great, basically I need to guess what paint and stuff needs ordering as no-one tells you anything until they are screaming at you because they have run out and cant get hours booked to jobs. Not bad the painter that used to do it jacked it in because it was too much pressure, he is a painter and knows whats what, and was getting 10 hours a week just for doing this (painters and panel beaters get paid for hours they book against jobs, im salary and if worked it out his hourly rate is about twice mine), I am 'apparently' a temporary stop gap but can see that being permanent, am I getting any sort of rise, or addition to pay packet? Am I ****
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast