Thread: Relocating Heater Controls

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Relocating Heater Controls

Ok so we all know i've gone and got myself a fancy new double DIN stereo. I've modified my centre console to suit, which means moving my heater controls to the lower DIN slot, which i'm assured there's plenty enough lay to do so.

To anyone else that has done the same thing, what did you do to get artound the problem of the dash bottle-necking at the bottom? My first thoughts are i'm ging to have to trim it away so it runs straight with the rest of the dash. See picture below, and look at the studded areas for what i mean.

Coupe now being broken for parts
    You know the one

Enquire within

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Could you not put the stereo at the bottom and move the heater controls to the top DIN?
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Bit off the subject but could you get a pic off the cables behind the heater controls? I need to put them back in the right place as they all have come off when i changed my console Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If they've come off you've broken the cable clamps, they are a bitch to remove so I severely doubt you've just knocked them loose.

Dave pity you didn't buy my Irmy light carbon centre console, it's for a Climate control Astra but you could have modded that instead and had a carbon centre console,
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddjob View Post
    If they've come off you've broken the cable clamps, they are a bitch to remove so I severely doubt you've just knocked them loose.
    Broken first I have ever heard of this? I have worked on over 10 astra G's and have never had one break on me but they have all popped out of there holders while I was pushing the heater controls about. Anyway easy enough to put them back in there place.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've removed a few Basil and I can defintely say they are horrible to get loose, a lot of people break the clamps trying to get the wires out, I've seen 4 broken heater units, all with the break in exactly the same place. They will not pop out no matter what you do unless the clamps are already broken.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry to high jack this thread the cables aint held in place by the black clips and controls aint working - no hot air everything else is ok Just thought i could get a picture off how it looks so i can get them back in place seeing as DaveCoupe already has his dash apart

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    who's got their dash apart? that pic was taken a couple of days ago. all back together now matey
    Coupe now being broken for parts
    You know the one

Enquire within

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lets have a look see then dave at what soulution you came up with
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCoupe View Post
    who's got their dash apart? that pic was taken a couple of days ago. all back together now matey
    Oh sorry mate thought you had it in bits Never mind im sure ill get it sorted Where did you relocate them then?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast