Thread: opinions on Hollywood Digital Excursion range...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

opinions on Hollywood Digital Excursion range...

as per title of thread

has anybody used or seen the Hollywood Digital brand? particularly the Excursion range...
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Bttt

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    BUMP... anyone?!

I need some info/opinions (however small your experience/knowledge) if possible by Friday 20th! Got a decision to make - more info to come in due course

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Never heard of them but I have heard of Hollywood Sound labs which seems to be the same company, and TBH I would not bother.

A few issues I have reading there website, they supplied speakers and or parts for Helix, Nakamichi and Rainbow? Really, Helix uses Scanspeak and Vifa to produce some of there drivers, all other are made in house and Rainbow well as far as I know, on my tour of there facilities, design and produce everything inhouse and Nakamichi manufacturers there speakers in the factory in Japan. So some very interesting statements they make.

Also there comments about favourable press reviews without actually having them on there website is a bit dubious to say the least. After all if it got such good reviews would you not jump at the chance to advertise the fact.

I personally would stay well away and stick with the trusted brands in car audio.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    cheers for your input Basil.

I was less than impressed with their website, it hasn't been updated since at least 2004, so who know's what is relevant and what's not.

The reason I ask about them is because I have been offered the chance to be part-"sponsored" by a supplier from America, I have been using them for a while buying a few things for clients through a trade account, and they asked if I had a demo setup at all to show off my work. I replied that I had been forced to scrap my last demo van as it failed its MOT etc and so they asked if I wanted to link up with them to produce something showworthy. Sensing a bargain I asked what brands etc there were and what was the exact deal offered, and after more than a little bit of negotiation we settled on a price (i.e. I pay nothing for the equipment/shipping etc ) in return for a spot of free advertising for them.

one of the brands was Hollywood Digital (aka as Hollywood Sound Labs as you say) and as I've had/have an amp and a pair of subs of theirs which I've used and found to be really good quality, I just thought I'd ask if anyone had any more thoughts/opinions.

Need to get back to them on Friday to finalise if its going ahead or not, so will ask them a few questions and do some more digging (and look into other brands!) before committing to anything.