Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dvd player help

hey guys n gals

i'm thinking about getting some sort of screen in my car to watch dvds on, not too fussed bout tv. been looking on ebay, n seen something i quite like just need a little info

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/T713-7-In-Dash...QQcmdZViewItem

am i correct in thinking this ^^^^ would fit in the dash (where there is a space) and the cd/dvd player would go in the normal position.

if so, how would it connect, whats components do i need??

hope this makes sense haha

cheers i advance

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Yep that would fit into the spare din slot in the dash. Looks like it comes with everything needed to fit it. Should only need a 12v connection and an earth to work, can splice into the H/U loom for both of those.

If you have a DVD H/U all you will need is a video cable to go from H/U to that screen.

If you are planning on putting a standalone DVD player in the glovebox you will need a set or RCA's to take the audio to the H/U and the video to the screen.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle247 View Post
    Yep that would fit into the spare din slot in the dash. Looks like it comes with everything needed to fit it. Should only need a 12v connection and an earth to work, can splice into the H/U loom for both of those.

If you have a DVD H/U all you will need is a video cable to go from H/U to that screen.

If you are planning on putting a standalone DVD player in the glovebox you will need a set or RCA's to take the audio to the H/U and the video to the screen.
    i'm planning on getting a dvd player head unit, so if i bought these two it wouldnt be too complicated, just i've got a friend who can fit head units etc. however he's not proffessional so he doesnt want to try anything too complicated??

what u think by the way?? i'd rather it be seperate as u only need to get it out when watching a dvd??

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K@RN View Post
    i'm planning on getting a dvd player head unit, so if i bought these two it wouldnt be too complicated, just i've got a friend who can fit head units etc. however he's not proffessional so he doesnt want to try anything too complicated??

what u think by the way?? i'd rather it be seperate as u only need to get it out when watching a dvd??
    Should work fine, I have a similar set-up just with a PS2 as my H/U isn't a DVD one.

Got the screen in the top slot and the H/U in the bottom. Mine was very easy to wire up, can't imagine that one being much different.

here is mine - real basic screen with manual fold out (but it means you can rotate it left or right which is pretty handy), only cost about 50 but for in car use it is perfect.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    wow that looks fantastic, do you know anywhere else i can look apart from ebay??

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I got mine off a forum, guy had 5 of them for sale.
    Most online retailers only sell branded items, which is ok as long as you don't mind spending 250+

Ebay will be your best bet, or browse all the usual forums and see if anyone has bought a bulk load and selling them off.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle247 View Post
    I got mine off a forum, guy had 5 of them for sale.
    Most online retailers only sell branded items, which is ok as long as you don't mind spending 250+

Ebay will be your best bet, or browse all the usual forums and see if anyone has bought a bulk load and selling them off.
    ok cool, thanx for your help thats my next plan then... after payday that is haha.