Thread: A Sad Day....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

A Sad Day....

Had to get rid of my 04 2.2 SRi yesterday. Cant justify keeping it anymore for doing 25k a year with work . Had it for 2 1/2yr & done 60k happy miles. Bought it at 6mth old with only 1700miles on clock & it was good at everything really - blasting round country road near us, up & down motorways, nippy through towns & cities......boo hooooo

Anyway, traded it in for my 1st ever diesel. Yep its another Astra . Got a 4kmiles 56reg 150bhp Sri in black - wanted the ex pack but didnt have 1 available for right age mileage money etc. It seems to go well enough but doesnt feel sporty. Maybe thats me not use to driving a diesel and not getting the best out of it yet. Must admit though I like the in gear acceleration with the bags of torque. Anybody else got 1? What do you think of em?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My dads got the same engine in his Saab 93, apart from the EGR problem theyre pretty good and go like a train too.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you want it to be nice and sporty, get yourself a nice old remap, you'll be looking at a switchable 160/200BHP or thereabouts.

Or a cheaper option would be a tuning box, the only difference being you can't switch between the 2 power levels.

If you're doing high mileage, the remap's probably a better choice then you can set it on low power for the trundling about for work and then hit the sport button for the full fat 200BHP hit!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    those tuning boxes are awesome!
    Half the price of a remap and you still get amazing Fuel Consumption!
    Stu ran his old one at 202BHP at Regal!
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Driving a diesel is different, its not all about rev's. Just ride that torque curve, 40mph in 4th and floor it.
    Mk4 Astra coupe SE 2
    Signum 3.0CDTi
    Now Owns: Vectra C GSi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

I have one! And i love it! Good choice mate!
    Leave No Man Behind.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Just back off my jollies
    How much is a re map?? What is a tuning box?? Im not well up on mods because of the mileage I do but I like the sound of the switchable option. What mpg do you get at 200bhp??

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't know about the MPG (but it will still put your old 2.2 to shame!)

Remap, you're looking in the region of £500

Tuning box, somewhere along the lines of £250 - Put simply (and I know it's more complicated than this) a diesel tuning box will fool the ECU into providing more diesel (when required) and higher boost from the turbo.

You'll get very similair power both ways, apart from when the sport mode is off - warranty wise, On a remap, if the dealer doesn't press the sport button, they'll never know it's had a remap. On a tuning box, they are very easy to fit and remove, so just take it off for servicing or warranty claims!
    2006 Astra VXR on 19's in Arden Blue
    ExhaustsUK Catback, Eibach Sportlines, DS Ultima, Roose hose kit, Forge recirculating dump valve, Full self modded SMD conversion

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the tuning box connects onto the fuel rail, it increases the voltages to allow more fuel. they can be adjusted from low to high mine is running at about 200bhp and its great. Gives honda Integra drivers a shock. The best think with the box is when you come to sell the car you can sell the box. With a remap if there are any problems that require the ECU to be uploaded with a new map you will loose your custom map.

http://dieseltuninguk.co.uk/
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    Cheers rizo! That looks just what I am looking for!!
    It came up with 3 boxes - CRD2 Max Power, Green Max Economy & Red Power bhp - which box did you go for?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast