Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vtune Remap (in my z18xe corsa though)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vtune Remap (in my z18xe corsa though)

I will post this in here as there was some talk about Vtune by a few of you the other week, so I thought I would post my opinion on them.

As some of you may know, I had my Piper Fast Road Cams fitted two weeks ago.

At first they didn't seem to give me that much of a power increase, but as the days went by and the ECU adjusted itself the cams really came to life and I could feel a very "noticeable" difference in top end power and also the smoothness of the power delivery. The torque curve had noticeably smoothed itself out (before the engine was gutless till 3.5K revs then took off). I felt it was under fuelling though right at the top of the rev range.

I was put in touch with a company called "Vtune" http://www.vtune.me.uk/home.html

Vtune are a nationwide home visit company. The guy who runs the company Lee turned up at my door at around 2.30pm.

I am very picky about who I let touch my car and I have done my homework to find the best company to carry out work on my car.

Lee came out in the car with me so he could get an understanding of how the car performed and also to see what I was wanting from the remap.

On arriving back at my house Lee got to work and extracted the information needed from my cars ECU to begin the mapping. Then it was into the back of his van to begin sorting through the data and finding the ignition, fuel, spark and timing maps. He then started to adjust parts of these maps (only above 3k revs to start with) to allow for my cams and also to allow for the deCAT manifold I will soon fitting.

With this 1st stage (only remapped above 3k revs just now) the file was loaded back into my car and I took it for a spin to see what I though. Initial thoughts were it was brilliant and it had made such a difference to the top end. Above 3.5K revs the cars takes off all the way to the redline. It just seemed to pull so much easier to the rev limiter and the under fueling problem had seemed to be sorted

Once I arrived back at the house, Lee began mapping the bottom half of the maps (under 3k revs). The lumpy idle of my cams was sorted out as much as it could be and the "gutless" feeling up until 3.5k revs was sorted by advancing the the ignition.

The finished file was loaded back onto my ECU and I went for a spin. MY GOD is all I can say. The difference in the way the car drives is amazing, it just pulls and pulls like a train all the way to the limiter and easily gets to silly triple figure speeds!

I can definitely feel the benefit of the cams and remap, they are by far the best £500 I have spent on the car. The transformation is totally nuts. Lee is a sound guy and runs a very good company which provides an excellent service. I couldn't recommend him enough. My advice to anyone, is to get on the blower, hand of the cash and experience the transformation of your car!

Only thing Lee was unable to do today was increase my rev limiter. He has a copy of my remapped file and is going back to his base to investigate and resolve the problem with the help of other software he did not have with him today. When he is back up in Scotland next week, he is going to pop in to load up the finalized file with my rev limit raised to 7200RPM. (means I will get to 60 in 2nd )

VTune, brilliant company, excellent home service and Lee is a very honest and decent guy.
    XP kitted 1.9CDTi Sports Hatch
    Dirty diesels are the way forward!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Lee has also done my motor too, top bloke knows his stuff i have recommended him to many folks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 14N-FR View Post
    I will post this in here as there was some talk about Vtune by a few of you the other week, so I thought I would post my opinion on them.

As some of you may know, I had my Piper Fast Road Cams fitted two weeks ago.

At first they didn't seem to give me that much of a power increase, but as the days went by and the ECU adjusted itself the cams really came to life and I could feel a very "noticeable" difference in top end power and also the smoothness of the power delivery. The torque curve had noticeably smoothed itself out (before the engine was gutless till 3.5K revs then took off). I felt it was under fuelling though right at the top of the rev range.

I was put in touch with a company called "Vtune" http://www.vtune.me.uk/home.html

Vtune are a nationwide home visit company. The guy who runs the company Lee turned up at my door at around 2.30pm.

I am very picky about who I let touch my car and I have done my homework to find the best company to carry out work on my car.

Lee came out in the car with me so he could get an understanding of how the car performed and also to see what I was wanting from the remap.

On arriving back at my house Lee got to work and extracted the information needed from my cars ECU to begin the mapping. Then it was into the back of his van to begin sorting through the data and finding the ignition, fuel, spark and timing maps. He then started to adjust parts of these maps (only above 3k revs to start with) to allow for my cams and also to allow for the deCAT manifold I will soon fitting.

With this 1st stage (only remapped above 3k revs just now) the file was loaded back into my car and I took it for a spin to see what I though. Initial thoughts were it was brilliant and it had made such a difference to the top end. Above 3.5K revs the cars takes off all the way to the redline. It just seemed to pull so much easier to the rev limiter and the under fueling problem had seemed to be sorted

Once I arrived back at the house, Lee began mapping the bottom half of the maps (under 3k revs). The lumpy idle of my cams was sorted out as much as it could be and the "gutless" feeling up until 3.5k revs was sorted by advancing the the ignition.

The finished file was loaded back onto my ECU and I went for a spin. MY GOD is all I can say. The difference in the way the car drives is amazing, it just pulls and pulls like a train all the way to the limiter and easily gets to silly triple figure speeds!

I can definitely feel the benefit of the cams and remap, they are by far the best £500 I have spent on the car. The transformation is totally nuts. Lee is a sound guy and runs a very good company which provides an excellent service. I couldn't recommend him enough. My advice to anyone, is to get on the blower, hand of the cash and experience the transformation of your car!

Only thing Lee was unable to do today was increase my rev limiter. He has a copy of my remapped file and is going back to his base to investigate and resolve the problem with the help of other software he did not have with him today. When he is back up in Scotland next week, he is going to pop in to load up the finalized file with my rev limit raised to 7200RPM. (means I will get to 60 in 2nd )

VTune, brilliant company, excellent home service and Lee is a very honest and decent guy.

hey man was it £500 to do ur remap or was that for other stuff aswell i am thinking about getting it done 2 my gsi what is there number?????
    astra gsi mk4 araden blue
    and love it
    http://ginge2176.bebo.com

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It wont be £500 for the remap on the GSi, to my knowledge 2 people on here have the vtune remap (inc me) and paid just over £200 inc the mobile service.

Go to the website and the guys contact details are on there, i emailed him a few question before i spoke to him and got quick responses to the questions.
    Former GSi owner, now own a plastic car with a vectra engine......

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It cost me about £500 in total for the remap and for the cams.

£250 for the remap and £250 for the cams (plus engine build paste and new torque wrench etc).

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Whats The Website Address I Need Vtune In My Life By The Sounds Of It, Lol.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its in my above post.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Its good to hear this. You have no idea how much I have toyed with the idea of doing this to my astra. Im pulling my hair out. haha. I've even considered just selling up. But its not that straight forward. Its difficult when you know your car, you think..hmm is it worth changin it all for possible new problems with another car.

So cams + a remap really do transform the car ? What do you reckon its pushing now? 10bhp form each mod? 150bhp ? more ?

I know exactly what you mean about the flat spot mid range, and Ive always thought It never pulls to the limiter. This all sounds so appealing.

How old is your corsa and how many miles ? Did lee say anything about not tuning a car if its done too many miles?

I love my astra to bits, i just want it to have a bit more poke.

That will be so immense with the rev limiter changed to 7,200. I reckon youll be doing 0-60 in low 7's itll be a pocket rocket. Have you done anything else to your car ? pistons / rods or anything? Is it really safe to open up another 700revs at top end without going bang

any info much appreciated
    323 BHP / 312 lbft.......

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dharding02 View Post
    Its good to hear this. You have no idea how much I have toyed with the idea of doing this to my astra. Im pulling my hair out. haha. I've even considered just selling up. But its not that straight forward. Its difficult when you know your car, you think..hmm is it worth changin it all for possible new problems with another car.

So cams + a remap really do transform the car ? What do you reckon its pushing now? 10bhp form each mod? 150bhp ? more ?

I know exactly what you mean about the flat spot mid range, and Ive always thought It never pulls to the limiter. This all sounds so appealing.

How old is your corsa and how many miles ? Did lee say anything about not tuning a car if its done too many miles?

I love my astra to bits, i just want it to have a bit more poke.
    I am still at uni and dont graduate till next year, so I was doing this to keep my entertained until then. Until yesterday I was thinking about selling up and putting the money into an Octavia VRs, but there is no pointin changing my car until I graduate as I am away most of this summer.

I dont have a clue what its pushing now, but will get it RR soon to get a rough idea. To be honest I am not too bothered by RR figures because I can feel such a difference in the way the car drives and performs. It has totally changed the way the I drive the car too, I no longer have to rev it hard to get it to really go as the mid range torque available now is brilliant. It really pulls from about 2.5k revs all the way to the redline (which will be 7200RPM as of next week when Lee comes back).

My corsa is a 2005 (55 plate). Its covered 19,000 miles (9,000 are mine).

Call Lee and speak to him about what your looking for and he will point you in the right direction.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 14N-FR View Post
    I am still at uni and dont graduate till next year, so I was doing this to keep my entertained until then. Until yesterday I was thinking about selling up and putting the money into an Octavia VRs, but there is no pointin changing my car until I graduate as I am away most of this summer.

I dont have a clue what its pushing now, but will get it RR soon to get a rough idea. To be honest I am not too bothered by RR figures because I can feel such a difference in the way the car drives and performs. It has totally changed the way the I drive the car too, I no longer have to rev it hard to get it to really go as the mid range torque available now is brilliant. It really pulls from about 2.5k revs all the way to the redline (which will be 7200RPM as of next week when Lee comes back).

My corsa is a 2005 (55 plate). Its covered 19,000 miles (9,000 are mine).

Call Lee and speak to him about what your looking for and he will point you in the right direction.

Thats quite funny. You are actually in exactly the same boat as me. haha Im going back for my final year of uni in sept. And I also just cant justify the swap of car.

I think I will give Lee a ring, but I need to drop some cams in first.

Only concern is my car has done 102,000miles. still 02 plate though.

Did you do cams yourself? Did you replace the followers or leave the originals in?
    323 BHP / 312 lbft.......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast