Thread: exhaust

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

exhaust

hi there i posted a few days ago about fitting an aftermarket exhaust to my 2.2 astra cabrio 02 plate and was told as long as the exhaust is for either a cabrio/saloon/coupe with flange fit engine size is irrelivent but am still having trouble see bellow

Brand new Sportex performance exhaust rear silencer(part No BV86) for Vauxhall Astra mk4 coupe 1.6i, 1.8i 16v 2000>2004.
    We can supply for the 3 and 5 door hatch but not for the cabrio, estate, van or coupe with engine size other than as listed.
    Made from quality aluminised steel with polished stainless steel oval tailpipe. Designed to fit direct to standard system at 2 bolt flange with no other parts required as long as the original clamp is usable, gives deeper sports sound, performance increase and looks great.

is this just sales pitching or will it not fit
    (C) Mousetra 2006 - Vauxhall Astra Bertone Convertable 2.2 160bhp

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It WILL fit!!!

Its a mistake on their part - Im guessing its from EvolutionR ? They're a good local company and Ive used them several times before.

They must be under the impression that the Z22SE coupe/cab uses a sleeve fitment.

Anyway as long as yours is 2bolt and confirm that the listing is for 2bolt fitment then it will fit.

HTH