Thread: Veccy c mod

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Veccy c mod

Ive derestriced my air box, now it comes to getting a fitting the veccy c pipe, i dont understand because my astra g pipe has a pipe coming from the engine block, and what looks to be the horn connected to it....

where do i ataach these as from the looks of the pics theres no attaching for these bits on the veccy pipe?

fast reply would be nice as i wanna do it today (day off)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just rip off all the pipes and hoses u have on ur 8v motor.

its a warm air pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold heat shield to the air intake to speed up cold start temps - just rip it all out and bin it.

replace with the veccy c pipe and ignore the hole left in the heatshield - personally i binned my heatshield too as its neither use nor ornament.

there will be a wire (infact a very tiny hose) that runs from the intake to the throttle body round the back of the engine - 2 options here..either bung up the end of the wire - a small screw fits perfectly...or remove the wire and cover up the hole on the TB at the back. This is a vacuum pipe and if not bunged up will provide false vacuum signals and could ultimately cause problems.

HTH

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    dont sopose u could get me a snap of this wire do you mate! remember i dont know much about engines at all :P

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    just rip off all the pipes and hoses u have on ur 8v motor.

its a warm air pipe that goes from the exhaust manifold heat shield to the air intake to speed up cold start temps - just rip it all out and bin it.

replace with the veccy c pipe and ignore the hole left in the heatshield - personally i binned my heatshield too as its neither use nor ornament.

there will be a wire (infact a very tiny hose) that runs from the intake to the throttle body round the back of the engine - 2 options here..either bung up the end of the wire - a small screw fits perfectly...or remove the wire and cover up the hole on the TB at the back. This is a vacuum pipe and if not bunged up will provide false vacuum signals and could ultimately cause problems.

HTH

LOL owwwwwwww I see i thought th other thing was the horn? i derestricted it, no veccy c mod, no new panel filter and it acutally seems well more responsive already! mad...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well of course it will... the name "derestrict" kinda gives it away!!! ur de-restricting the airflow entering the airbox so you're going to see a little pick up in performance.

The "horn" thing is in fact a thermostat of sorts - which opens a flap in the intake when cold to allow warm exhaust gases to enter the air intake system and allow the engine to warm up faster..... may be good for cold starts but total shite for performance....

cold dense air is what u need - not warm exhaust gases!

If u cant stretch to an uprated panel filter - then just get a new paper one from Vx - it will work equally as well! A lot of ppl think the uprated ones offer better performance when all they mainly do is offer an improved lifespan of the filter.

Definitely get the 2 Veccy C pipes - fit em and thats u sorted.

If ur struggling to fit them and u can make the NE meet - then I'll help ya fit em.

**Ive tried to get a pic but my comp is playin up!!! Cant even open imageshack so basically look at ur engine bay - use the pic in ur diary if u cant be arsed goin outside! and the wire in question is fairly obvious its running from the air intake and runs alongside the airbox

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    might do mate, might have a drive to vaux near me, if its open and buy em now, ill have ago myself everything ive done so far has been fine.

1 last thing, where i took the pipe out of the bottom part of the airbox, the other tab thing that was holding it in place, is just a small hole, and feeling it feels like most of the air is being sucked through there rather than the front.... surely this will mean warm air into the engine and kinda defeat the object??

is there anyway to block this hole up....... duck tape maybe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just wait until u get the Veccy parts then swap em over! Doubt they'd be open on a Sunday and most places need to order em in anyway.

Its a shame cos I'll be passing ur neck o'the woods in a few hours on the airport run but maybe a tad late lol!

block what hole? No need to block up any holes yet or indeed when u fit the new parts.

You could always remove all the parts now and run it for a few days without an intake at all... not really a problem as there'll be air circulating anyway.

This is what Id do!

Remove the hose from exhaust manifold to intake, remove the little wire thing and put a screw in the end.

Optional
    Remove the original intake and adaptor, and yes the horn-like thing and just leave everything off until u get the new intake/adaptor.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I had the same problem last week when i fitted my new veccy intake....
    the thin rubber tube tith the 'L' shape bit on the end I just left in place but blocked up.
    The bigger 30mm dia hose coming from the the front of the engine i was told by VX to just leave it, maybe tie it to something to stop it being lost.

I'm keeping all the original pipes etc just 'incase' btw

Ben
    Flame Red 3dr Mk IV Astra 1.6i
    De-restricted air box with Veccy 'C' Intake& K&N Filter, Irmshcer kit,I need a set of 4 stud 16"VX rims (PM me plz)