Thread: Urgent: Power Steering not working

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Urgent: Power Steering not working

Well, my car is on the trailor, on the drive, ready to goto regal in the morning.

But now the bloody power steering doesnt work, at all!

I cant even hear the steering whine it usually makes, so it doesnt sound like its even kicking in.

I've checked the fuse in the engine bay, for the power steering, and that seemed fine.

Any ideas?
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what about the TC fuse? (Its the same one as the PAS - No 23 iirc)

Alternator, Battery, pump itself???

Still no biggy if its not working - can always be fixed at a later date... If u doubt the pump then connect the positive (ie fuse end) to battery and negative to earth and it should power up.

HTH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    but the thing is

ive got 1) the remap in the morning, they need to roadtest it, 2) the mot (it will prolly fail?) 3) the rolling road (god knows lol)

Im leaving my house at 4am in the morn to get to regal, im either going to have to hope I can fix it when i get there, or hope theyle fix it

arrrrrrrgh
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes it will defo fail the mot if the pas aint working (i know lol)

have u tried all the above???

if its the alt/battery then the pas is the first thing to go as it uses loads of juice so it stops it from bleeding the battery dry.

Id double check the TC fuse and measure the battery voltage to determine if alt is at fault or battery not holding its charge.

I know its far from ideal but Im sure the guys at Regal will sort it if u cant....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yea, cheers for the advice mate. and as for testing it, i didnt get to start the car properly/move it until about 11pm lol

cutting it fine or what, ive had nothing but issues tonight, 1 more doesnt surprise me