Thread: dump valve video

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

dump valve video

i have spent the last few days reading through loads and loads of search results of fitting a dump valve, basicly i am going to fit a baileys DV26-D and i was going to fit it to the fuel pressure vac line, anyway i was wonderign if any of you have a video of a dumpvalve running with the standard dump valve and one with it running on its own as want to see how quiet it is with the standard one working also on a 50/50. cheers
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you leave the baileys running with the OE valve it will sound like a mouse sneezing. If you do the one way valve trick to disable the OE valve then it will be very audiable!
    Former GSi owner, now own a plastic car with a vectra engine......

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrismk4gsi View Post
    If you leave the baileys running with the OE valve it will sound like a mouse sneezing. If you do the one way valve trick to disable the OE valve then it will be very audiable!

is that what you have done? how is the car running as keep reading that its realy rough running and causes problms when u disable the OE dump v
    Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

a

hello!
    i have a astra h VXR. i have a bailey DV but it is verry quiet. what should i do to get noisier? what is the trick?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah i have the one way valve fitted. The bailys DV is more than loud enough like this. My car runs perfectley like this and a lot of other people do the one way valve and have no problems.

On the other hand a lot of people report running probs.

Do a search, u shud come up with the info and also some pics of fitment.

The valve used can be picked up for a few quid from halfords. It a washer one way valve but it does the trick.
    Former GSi owner, now own a plastic car with a vectra engine......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ref .mad cow wot you do is buy a 1 way valve that goes in a washer jet line from say halfords etc on the side of the turbo ( drivers side ) cut the rubber pipe about 20 mm back from the end the bit you cut off put on the black side of 1 way valve and the white end goes on where ya cut it from so if ever you wanna put it back you not got to buy a complete new pipe , yer some do say that they have probs not running the oe valve which i am 1 of them but all it is on mine is when hold it at 90 mph it hesitates and thats it so id rather have the noise of the baileys
    courtney stage 3 zafira,Mitsubishi evo geek mapped to 389 and 470 lb of torque