Thread: 18" wheels on a MK4 with ET35

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

18" wheels on a MK4 with ET35

I Need new wheels for the old girl, as my current wheels are bent, because our roads are pants, and my coilovers are to hard. Im looking at a set of Sparo wheels which are made by speedline, but the only pair they have which will fit a mk4 gsi hub, has an offset of 35.

Now the stanard offset is 49 i think, but obviously because the wheels are bigger and 8" wide, then i will need a lower offset, but is ET35 to far out from the hub, will it rub on the inside arch.

I planned to use 225/35 tyres, as ive tried them on my current 18's and they were fine. Before someone asks i cant tell you the offset of my current wheels because i dont have my car, its in the workshop again.

Any advice would be great thanks

Matt
    Tarox 10 Pots, Gaz Suspension, Steel Rods, Garret GT30RS, MSD 550's, 87mm Pistons, Custom Software, Quaffie Diff, Paddle. 407Hp @ 1.8 Bar

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You could possibly get away with an ET35 on a 7 or 7.5" rim but Id be very dubious on an 8J rim. The standard guidelines for a 8J x 18" rim are 45-49mm although this can be adjusted a few mm's but certainly not 10mm. . . . then again u could just manage it!

The tyre choice is also a little suspect but if u say youve ran these before then who am I to comment.

We have a few ppl running ET35 iirc so may be worthwhile doing a search - or hopefully the said members will notice this thread. Failing that have a look in the Wheel Gallery - there may be some info contained in there.

HTH