Thread: Lights not working - help needed

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Question Lights not working - help needed

ok, i bought a mk4 astra about 1 month ago and the lights dont seem to work in the following:
    • heater control unit
    • light control box
    • cigarette lighter and ashtray (i think they are both lit by one Light)
    ive checked the fuses and none of them seemed to have blown. could there be a fuse missing? could someone explain where the fuse is which controls the interior lighting.

ive checked the original bulbs and put new ones in, but they still dont light.

i lack a mk4 manual otherwise i would have managed to sort this problem out ages ago.

by the way, all of my dash lights work perfectly and my interior light and glove compartment bother work fine. oh, the lights which go on when you press recirculate air and rear heated window do work which are on the heater control box. im very confused by this nd have no clue as to what could be wrong.

my car is the 1998 model, do these actually come with the lit up heater controls and light controls?

help will b greatly appreciated.
    "I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    ok im a dumb funker. i didnt read the fuse box diagram sticky. but any more help will be appreciated.
    "I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree with them."

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    new problem. i looked at the fuse diagram and there were far more fuses on the diagram than what there are in my car. in ther diagram there are about 50 and in my car there are about 25 small fuses. im so damn confused.

i checked the fuse box and a few green fuses are missing and 1 yellow one. i know this could be because they are not needed but maybe one got taken out and not put back it.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Check the numbers of the fuses you'r missing against the list on the fuse diagram...

I cant remember which fuse is for the dash lights...I think they may call them infomatics...I'll check the haynes manual tomorrow if i remember.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    the only problem is the fuse diagram in the sticky is for a different model to mine. my smaller fuses sit vertically not horizontally unlike the diagram.

i will go out and buy the astra g bible tomorrow. (haynes manual) oh and the actual vauxhall manual.

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    The vauxhall manual is online. Just need to sign up to the vauxhall.co.uk website than you can access it on there.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well the diagram is for a mk4....
    .. try fuse 36 for ciggy lighter.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    well the diagram is for a mk4....
    .. try fuse 36 for ciggy lighter.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    the fuse bix diagram is useless for me because i have the 98 model. in this the fuses go vertically and there arent nearly as many fuses in the car as there are in the diagram.

does anyone have the older mk4's. i just need to know which fuse controls the heater control box lights.