Thread: 7" Screens in sunvisor and dvd connection...

Danny_

7" Screens in sunvisor and dvd connection...

I have a centurion DVA-320S2

Its great, does all the things I want ... only problem is I want the two screens in my sunvisors ^^

This is the first mod I have ever attempted in any car, infact it will be the first time I have even taken a tool to a car!

Has anybody here ever tried mounting screens in the sunvisors? Is it possible?

Whats the vx part number for the sunvisors? Any Idea on cost?

Whats the best way of connecting the actual dvd player up? It currently runs off a 12v adapter, with a red live (inline 3A fuse) and black neutral, running from a fag lighter plug into a small box (not heavy enough to be a transformer so no idea what its function is), which then turns into 3 wires, red black and yellow going into a 4 pin socket.

According to a manual I found on the internet

http://www.centurionsystems.co.uk/do...2InstallUK.pdf

The yellow wire is a permanent live, however I fail to see how this can be if it is attatched to a 12v fag lighter. I assume this is so that the unit can be turned on when the ignition is off, so in order for this to work am I going to need to cut the yellow and attatch it somewhere or should I just not bother (its not that hard to turn on the ignition).

If I remove my glovebox (which I have never even thought of doing before lol) how tight are the wires to the standard (cdx) cd changer? Am I likely to pull them out?

What kind of wiring is there behind my glovebox, how best should I connect it?

Thanks for any help or Ideas! Once I have done this ill post a thread step by step with photos for anyone else to look at!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    in order to have screens mounted in the sunvisor it is illegal to be able to see them while the car it in motion. most visor and dvds have normally a green while which goes to the hand brake when its on the power is on when the hand brake is off the power is off. so not sure if the green wire is a positive or negative. hope this helps paul

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    they wont really fit, although you can get sunvisor screens, the whole thing comes as a package....
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOUCH-SCREEN-S...QQcmdZViewItem

Not this exact item perhaps, but you get the idea!
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Danny_
    Thanks for the input... I guess then I could fashion something off the handbrake, it has abviously got electric going to it somehow because it lights the dash.

Dam i need an auto electrician!

Danny_
    Woohoo I have found a wiring diag in the haynes manual, I will switch the drivers side monitor with the handbrake, is it also against the law for the passenger to be able to see their screen while the vehicle is in motion?

If I cant get the screens to fit I will simply create my own sunvisor out of MDF lol. Do they definately not fit or is it worth me picking one up from a breakers yard and hacking it up?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could give it a go?

I just know those screens you've got are quite thick (thicker than a sunvisor anyway lol)
    I'm after another Coupe Turbo

Danny_
    Yeah they will stand proud a bit, I could take them to pieces and install them completely in the visor, but right now that seems like a lot of effort and I want to be able to use the screens elsewhere, so I am using a mounting bracket blah blah blah could go on for ever. I will take photo's and post them along with my progress as time goes on!

I already need to sort out where im gonna put my cd changer now lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs Up

hi as far as i know its illegal to have sight of any screen while in motion as its a distraction to the driver. your visor or passenger or the din slot. give us your email address and ill send you a picture of mine that get the taste buds watering if you like. i brought those tft screens which come as a left and right from japan for £70 and i love them even have three terminals (i run PS2/DVD/reverse camera) aerial in speaker or headphones built in games and remote. for that price a real bargain and picture good quality with garantee with it. wide sreen options 4:3 and more. it save on the bill mate and then use yours on the head rests but you will need an amplifer to split the signals. also got this from japan less than £5 i think i could still find for you if you like? hope this helps paul