Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you post pictures of your Centre Console if you've repainted it.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can you post pictures of your Centre Console if you've repainted it.

I'm wanting to repaint my Centre Console, been looking at it for a while now, but just not sure what colour to chose

I'm trying to think what colour to chose , as I know I need to chose carefully as I don't want to have to do it again.

I own a Silver Astra Turbo, and currently considering painting it the same colour as the outside of my car or close to it, as I see this colour in newer cars andthink it looks great.

But just wondering what you guys have done to your car, and if you can, to post some pictures up of them, just toget an idea how good your cars look

Also thinking about painting the door handle rests, where the smooth part of the dash is silver also, but don't want to go to far. Want it to look as standard or close to as possible

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    [newline]Click here for more images from this garage[/newline]
    [newline]Click here for more images from this garage[/newline]
    Must replace that upper image some time.
    most do it the same as the outside colour
    I'm like a bad penny, old, dirty, and appears when not wanted.
    Guess who's writing a victorian fantasy book. #JamesPurcell #The Diaries of James Purcell

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Here's my old midnight black console, same colour as the car, I intended to to the vents as well, but never got round to it
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    VX titanium

an old piccy too

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is what i had on my old astra.

Sorry its not a closer pic. Astra was in star silver.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys, they all look great, specially like the VX Titanium one and the last silver one though

Just wondering VX Titanium look kind of goldish, is that the true colour or is it more silvery colour in person ?

As I really want it a silvery colour, just not sure if to make it look like a metal finish or just a normal silver look . But either way I think you have to get the black rubber stuff off hey, cause it marks just so easy, the crappy thing

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in the process of painting my centre console, I've chosen Volkswagen Diamond Silver (Metallic), looks amazing, very similar to the last picture posted on this thread-almost identical, plenty of lacquer makes a big difference, depends on the finish you want.

Ben
    Flame Red 3dr Mk IV Astra 1.6i
    De-restricted air box with Veccy 'C' Intake& K&N Filter, Irmshcer kit,I need a set of 4 stud 16"VX rims (PM me plz)

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraTurbo03 View Post
    Just wondering VX Titanium look kind of goldish, is that the true colour or is it more silvery colour in person ?
    it's an odd colour to describe TBH - it's sort of a soft mink silvery/gold , with a bit of beigey purple, and somethings a hint of green (depending on the light).

this is probably a better representation

How old is that photo? I can't believe i had a fecking poppy coral once

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AstraTurbo03 View Post
    I'm wanting to repaint my Centre Console, been looking at it for a while now, but just not sure what colour to chose

I'm trying to think what colour to chose , as I know I need to chose carefully as I don't want to have to do it again.

I own a Silver Astra Turbo, and currently considering painting it the same colour as the outside of my car or close to it, as I see this colour in newer cars andthink it looks great.

But just wondering what you guys have done to your car, and if you can, to post some pictures up of them, just toget an idea how good your cars look

Also thinking about painting the door handle rests, where the smooth part of the dash is silver also, but don't want to go to far. Want it to look as standard or close to as possible
    Okay, heres my ten penneth worth Astra Turbo 03,

as your motor is silver i'd go for a silver console paint job too-you can see from the pics just how nice a decent silver looks, also spray your vents left and right on top of the dash the same colour.

If I were you I would seriously consider the volkswagen diamond silver metallic colour, it looks awesome mate, thats the colour im doing mine this wknd, i'm a bit worried about taking the centre console off, i know its in the how-to but i'm still nervous . My Astra is red but i dont think red would like right on the console, silver looks so much more quality imo anyway.

Best of look, i'll post some pics when the camers is all sorted.

Ben

EDIT: any tips on removing the console GREATLY appreciated!!!! please, any tips needed before 5pm today!!
    Flame Red 3dr Mk IV Astra 1.6i
    De-restricted air box with Veccy 'C' Intake& K&N Filter, Irmshcer kit,I need a set of 4 stud 16"VX rims (PM me plz)

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I think I will go with Silver, just got to find the right colour.

And to the guys that already painted their's, did you sand back the black rubber underneath the paint or just paint over it ?

I got the little part underneath the handbrake done, just to see how it would look, sanded back the whole thing, took the black rubber off, only bad thing is that you see the plastic texture on it, so there is no way of making it look metallic silver like on some of the newer cars.

Not sure is this the best way to go or not, as that black rubber underneath is terrible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast