Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do people treat you when you drive your car?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How do people treat you when you drive your car?

Well after a month I got my car back

I have never driven another car before my coupe, it was my first,my last,my everything

Anyway after driving the estate car its amazing how people treat you on the road. After an entire day of driving I noticed:

• People pull out in front of you a lot less frequenty, and let you have right of way more.
    • Instead of burning you at the lights, people next wait for you to go or at least hesitate.
    • Far less tailgaters on the motorway.

This was quite an impartial test, in the same level of traffic at the same times of driving on the road.

Now it might be psychosomatic but do I have a point. Like to know from people who drive a daily runner and then there pride and joy
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well because I drive a car with a bodykit and "that" spoiler then the boy racers dont usually come near me and they also let me out of junctions.

In the van, I'm classed as white van man and everyone hates me, so I hate everyone
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In the coupe I get nothing but grief, especially off of women.

However in a company motor it as if your invisible, never get any grief from anyone and its not as if I'm changing my driving style or anything.

One of the reasons I'll be more than happy to see the back of the coupe, however I don't know if things will improve with the VXR

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You are right. I've heard this before from other people. I tend to look at the car and draw a conclusion about the driver, which is invariably wrong. Estate car = reponsible mature driver. Sports car = midlife crisis of speed happy twonker.

Quite a number of people have said to me - ooh you've got a bright red car. Not sure why, but again there must something in people's psychie about red cars (red sports car link?)
    It is only when the last tree is felled, the last animal killed and the last fish hauled from the sea that we will realise we can't eat money.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have noticed that ppl, mainly men let me out of junctions more an let me into lanes etc alot more than when i had my astra.

Tho when i drove the fiesta everyone got out my way, i think its cos it looks crappy an ppl may think i dont care about gettin bumps on it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    people pull out on my now ive got the my jelopey car... cant wait to get my mk4 running again!
    Star Silver Astra Coupe Turbo

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tees2.2 View Post
    I have noticed that ppl, mainly men let me out of junctions more an let me into lanes etc alot more than when i had my astra.
    thats because they think ure probablyl a nice lady in the mini

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Scott View Post
    In the van, I'm classed as white van man and everyone hates me, so I hate everyone
    I find the only people that let me out of junctions are other van drivers. Whereas I tend to let anyone out (except BMW drivers). People do hate van drivers for some reason. Worse thing is when cars pull out in front, then drive slow - as the van needs a loooonnnnggggg straight to over take on

Never get any grief in coupe, no one tries to race me from the lights

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When stopping at lights or whatever cars always go into the right lane, i could be sat in the left lane by myself and about 5 or 6 cars in the right lane thinking im a rubbish slow driver and in a slow car because of my R plates, then the lights turn green and im off leaving them behind (not speeding of course) not even driving that fast just up to about 3k revs in each gear. Another thing is when people speed to overtake me because of the R plates then drive at 30 in a 40 in front of me!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle247 View Post
    I find the only people that let me out of junctions are other van drivers. Whereas I tend to let anyone out (except BMW drivers). People do hate van drivers for some reason. Worse thing is when cars pull out in front, then drive slow - as the van needs a loooonnnnggggg straight to over take on
    I'm lucky, my van is the Silver Bullet, it has the mighty 1.7 CDTI engine under the bonnet
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast