Thread: stalk adapter

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

stalk adapter

Hello, I have received this interface (UNIVERSAL STALK ADAPTER 29-00 e11 022337 16/07 v1.62) with JVC 29-004 adaptor, but it does not work correctly. When connecting the interface the volume of cd-receiver lowers single to the minimum, and the controls of the steering wheel do not work. The connections I believe that itīs ok. Can you help me? My car is a Opel Astra G 99 and the cd-receiver is a JVC KD-BT1. Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.I donīt really sure if is necessary connect the blue wire to a negative part of the car.

http://upload8.postimage.org/940821/photo_hosting.html

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Firstly it sounds like one of two things, either the adapter is broken or the wiring is wrong.

Why has the blue wire got a connector crimped onto it, as that does not look like it was there as standard? Is this a new adapter or a second had one?

I would suggest sending incartec an email as they are very good with any issues with there products. Sorry I could not be of more help with this but I have never used that part.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The adapter is new, has been bought for one week in ebay. The blue wire with a connector crimped already was installed, I donīt install it. I send email to incartec but no response yet. Thanks.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cesar that connector does not look like it was installed by INCARTEC which is why I asked the question, at least I have never seen an INCARTEC adapter with one on like that.

As I know the lads at INCARTEC if you have not had a response by monday please post it on here and I will talk to them for you. In the meantime I will check on a new INCARTEC adapter to see if it should be like your picture. If not I will post a reply for you on here and see if we can get to the bottom of this crimped on connector.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I wait response. Upload a new photo with more detail. http://upload8.postimage.org/948394/photo_hosting.html

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The answer of Incartec:

Hi

Sorry for the delay problems with the e-mail system

First Thing you need to do is unplug everything and make sure the car is switched off

- Then start by pluging JVC adaptor into back of JVC unit then connect the Black Box to this.

- Then you will connect the vauxhall lead and make sure the ring terminal on this lead is attached to the a good earth ( Normall a Bolt on the bulk head is good )

- Once this is done we can connect it all back together and all should work fine.

Rob

I try this instructions but continue the problem. In the autoradio installation garage they said me what the original jvc interface it would work well... Iīm cofused..

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ceasar if you have tried that then I would say that the adapter is faulty, so if it is still under warrenty then time to get it swapped out.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ok, I try to swap the interface. Thanks.