Thread: Highway Insurance Really messed me around

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Highway Insurance Really messed me around

Well its almost a month since my car was totalled. 3 Weeks since the claim was authorised for repair(6th June 2007) and tommorrow I should get my car back from the repairers.

. I registered the claim as soon as it happened with Norwich Union the 3rd party. Norwich Union told me 8th of June they have accepted full liability.

So Today I phone Highway to complain about the time its taken to repair my car. The person said he would email to chase them up and at the same time I queried that my NCB is still intact. He said no the claim is being disputed.

I was like hey whats going on, so I ring Norwich Union back and they say they have taken full liability. So then I ring Highway and they have got the numberplate of the 3rd party wrong.

Ok if it was a mistake fine but they have spent the last 3 weeks chasing up liability on a claim that would never materialise. If I hadn't reported the claim with the 3rd party I would have been screwed. At no point did Highway contact me to let me know how my claim was going, all they were interested in was sending letters for personal injury claims.

The garage they sent it to said my repair would be done last Thursday, its now almost a week late after being an already long amount of time.

The only helpful people have been the 3rd party legal team Drive Assist who got my a courtesey car next working day. I had to chase my Insurers(Adrian Flux) legal cover Angel Assistance to get me a car and then on the day I had the car offered Angel Assistance started say they need an admission of liability from the 3rd party before they give me a car!

I would like to complain but I don't know who to. I pay a grand for this policy and I cannot see where my money went when I did all the legwork.
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That's insurance companies for you mate!

They ***** you left right and centre! They charge you over the odd's and then when you do require the service you have paid for it is shocking the amount of legwork you have to do!

Robbing *******s!!!

/rant

When you call up next time just ask for the complaint departments contact information, and if that fails i believe there is an obundsman that governs the insurance companies.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    highway are one of he worst. From past experience that any insurance company through llyods of london is bad and stay clear if you can.
    Astra VXR - Arden Blue, Diamond cut 19's, Cruise Control, Debaged, Folding Mirrors, CD70 NAVI and CID + Aux-In, Factory Bluetooth, Piano Black Interior Trim, Full Milltek Unresonated Exhaust

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Hello, would you like me to look into this for you, if so please pm me your name and postcode so I can access your file and look into the claim details.

Thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to work for Highway and they ARE the worst.
    They pay peanuts and get monkeys.
    Europa Blue Astra Coupe Turbo now - VX220 Turbo someday soon

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    had the same problem myself with my previous car, i was with adrian flux and they use highway????
    screwed me over never use them again!!!!
    even if i do get discount

feel for you m8
    *!Arden Blue GSi!*
    he came, he saw, HE CONQUERED

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i was with highway for years till the other week when i renewed. im still fighting a case nearly 2 years on.
    Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship. Car 21, pug 106 GTI. Gone from track days to full on racing

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the garage did a god job in the car in fairness, looks very good, they had alot of cars and they had lost a member of staff which explains that, but still peeved with highway
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    My claim took from October last year to mid May this year to be resolved and thats with both of us being with Norwich Union, the accident being reported by both of us within 24hrs, AND she admitted liability straight away... Think its just insurance in general - makes me wish I'd been "injured" in the accident just so they would pay out more and make the wiat worthwhile
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    Supporting Trader
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Haulme

I have sent you a pm after looking into your file, hope this has resolved a few issues.
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast