Thread: traction control light

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

traction control light

Hi there i was just after a bit of info or if anyone can shed some light on my problem. I have a zafira gsi which is a 2004. The car is great and i love it to bits never had any probs until today.

I was driving back down from glasgow to manchester when my traction control light come on and stayed on. But when i stopped and turned the ignition off and turned it back on it went off and has stayed off. I was just wondering if its just one of those things or have i got a sensor or something going faulty??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi m8 the resion its gone off is that you must have a sporadic fault the sistem resets the sensors each time you turn the car off or on and if the fault is not there or a staatic fault the light will go out after the system start up checks are completed
    but if it has been on it will have stord a fault in the fault memorey best thing to do would get the fault memorey read and see what its logged
    if it is a sporadic fault then it will give you a ruff ider wear to start looking shoud the fault return it cost about £50 at vaux but some garages are cheeper just make shoure thay use a tec2 as its the GM tool and by far the best for the job fauling that a bosch kts650 will give you the same fault codes

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Could be a hub sensor, could be a duff AFM (yes, I know its a TC light showing)

Hows the Bus drivinf/feeling/going when you give it some beans at higher revs?

There's a couple of recent threads in this Zaf section regarding warning lights, it might pay to have a rummage through them.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your help guys. The bus is driving great it picks up well at speed when you give it some, although sometimes it does feel to hold back occasionally. Will have to get the guy i know at vauxhall to plug his tec 2 machine in. He comes in useful sometimes lol.

Will let you know what it was tomorrow when i find out just incase your curious.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sounds like the AFM to me, if it was the hub sensor, the ABS light would be on too.
    From the Southeast? Find your next meet here

The difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence is limited.

At least I have chicken!

WellOilBeefHooked

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Afm, Afm, Afm
    Audi B5 RS4 Quattro 451bhp. 479lb/ft

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    If you have a mate with access to a free Tech2 session, then thats yer answer!

Holding back a bit, AFM surely.