Thread: How bloody hard is it...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How bloody hard is it...

To find a standard arden blue GSi! Jesus christ, theres absolutely nothing about thats not been fiddled with, racking the mileage up or without travelling well over 100 miles.

So for all you lot who were after a specific car/colour/mileage - how long did it take you to find a good exmaple? Im starting to lose patience and might cave in and go for silver or black.

They don't seem rare when you're on a forum full of the things, but it's a different story when you want one, no bugger's selling up!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    imo to find a good one sometimes you have to travel, i did a combned journey of 380miles for one car once. It was worth it.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyalWithCheez View Post
    To find a standard arden blue GSi! Jesus christ, theres absolutely nothing about thats not been fiddled with, racking the mileage up or without travelling well over 100 miles.

So for all you lot who were after a specific car/colour/mileage - how long did it take you to find a good exmaple? Im starting to lose patience and might cave in and go for silver or black.

They don't seem rare when you're on a forum full of the things, but it's a different story when you want one, no bugger's selling up!
    spent about 2 months looking for my car then travelled 350miles to get it. If thats the car you want you should be willing to travel.
    THE DEVIL IS MY CO-PILOT.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Im willing to travel, the only thing i don't want to do is travel 350 miles to find out it's a shitter!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    True, but do you want to risk not travelling that 350miles to find out that you cannot find another car in same specs for the next 4 months

Buying a specific car 2nd hand is all about patience and literally going the extra mile

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah now what your saying I done well with mine had a few good chats with the owner made sure what he said it was is what i was coming to buy, if youre going to spend a lot of money on a car i would rather spend the time travelling round for a nice car than getting a piece of s hit local.
    THE DEVIL IS MY CO-PILOT.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lol, i did a mega trek to find my current car. i had to fly to Scotland to collect the car, then had a 6.5 hour drive back

when you're just about to give up, i bet one comes around!
    Regal Phase 3.5,VXR Turbo,VXR AFM,VXR Injectors,Courtenay FMIC,Dbilias Flowmaster,Regal Precat,Miltek exhaust,Lightened Flywheel,Uprated Clutch,Denso Plugs,Veccy Pipe,Eibachs,308mm Discs

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Took me 4 months to find mine, low mileage, 1 owner, standard and non dinked !!
    Saw it on auto-trader website when it came out, made the call, took half day off from work immediately ( nice boss ) wasn't too far, bout 40 miles, got there and while i was looking over it the phone rung about 6 times from other buyers
    HIGHDOWN Car Audio & Security
    Clifford, Genesis, Rockford, CDT Audio

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I just brought a car this time for the main reason of selling it on easier when I come to sell, trying to find a vw sub 100k is near on impossible.

My mk3 I brought from a block round the corner, just happened to drive passed, seen how mint it was and just brought it.

the other 2 astras I brought new so didnt have to search.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I guess if i explain on the phone im making a damn long journey then i'll get a bit of honesty form the owner (well, i'd hope so!)

I did actually see the perfect one, 21000 miles, 03, completely standard and only 3 miles away! Went up on autotrader then the ad was gone the next day! The garage hadn't even got round to cleaning it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast