Thread: Need More Acceleration!!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need More Acceleration!!!!

i wonder if anyone can help me. i own a 2001 SXi Z16XE. i want more acceleration. not really THAT bothered about top end speeds at the minute but for now, just the acceleration. anyone got ideas about how i can achieve this on a budget of around £500-600?
    also, i recently de-restricted my air box and i am yet to buy a performance panel filter. does a new filter make noticeabke difference over the standard one? and if so, which is the best filter to go for?
    thanx very much.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the only real benefit of an uprated filter over a standard paper one is the lifespan. No benefit at all if u ask me provided u replace ur paper one at least once a year maybe more frequently considering the price of them.

if u insist on gettin an uprated one then the courtenay foam one (which is a rebranded pipercross one) gets good reviews mainly cos of the £35 or so pricetag.

If u really wanna throw some money at the car then get a decent cat-back exhaust then maybe consider a remap. Both should come in bang on budget but dont expect miracles.

It'll sound a lot better and youll get a few more horses - maybe an extra 15bhp over standard but it really it gonna make the acceleration sh1t hot.

If u want ultimate acceleration then sell up and put the funds together with the £600 towards a bigger engined model.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    for Accel and not caring about top speed i suggest a gearbox change.... saves mincing with engine"mods" that dont do anything for £600.

Not sure what gearbox is on your engine but i found some MK4 info and stuck it with the rest of my gearbox stuff on my site www.slindborg.host.sk/index.php (speed in gear link)

a higher numbered FD will make you accelerate faster but it depends if there is one availble etc. Or you might be able to fit an older gearbox (maybe the F13 fits) that has easy FD swap options.