Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah im going mad with cars

I really am in a pickle

Got a good condition V reg 2.0Sri at present had it since July 06, ive added alloys headlights and a few other nominal items.
    I 'feel' i have become bored with the car and need a change have been looking at Vectra Sri's and even Clio Sports.

My astra is even up for sale at the moment but not had an ounce of firm interest. But im beggining to think do i really need to swop my car, what ever option i go for im going to have to outlay another 2-3k minimum for a piece of metal which transports me around for my job.

I love my astra in parts but then other times i wish i had left it standard.
    I like the vectras Sri model and i always have but am i getting the urge for one all because i want a change.

I know the answer off you folks is likely to be its totally your choice but i am really stuck.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    .... go with your heart.
    Get a veccy....

Otherwise you'll get more pee'ed off with the astra, and may not come back to one !

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i fet this same feelin every 6months or so! nearly changed the astra for a pug 106 gti the last time. when it came down to it i jus couldnt part with my good ol astra

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Treat it to a Rebuild

thats what im doing with mine
    EK9 Type R

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mate ... get a Veccy. But a V6 ... Best thing I ever bought

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I really am in a pickle
    But im beggining to think do i really need to swop my car, what ever option i go for im going to have to outlay another 2-3k minimum for a piece of metal which transports me around for my job.
    A car is MORE than a piece of metal! We all know that on here - thats why we all love cars so much! LOL

Its like saying vincent van gough's painting "sunflowers" is just paint thrown onto canvas.
    Former GSi owner, now own a plastic car with a vectra engine......

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Do some more mods to it. I keep wanting to sell my Coupe but then I see another nice one on the road I am always glad I kept it.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I really am in a pickle

Got a good condition V reg 2.0Sri at present had it since July 06, ive added alloys headlights and a few other nominal items.
    I 'feel' i have become bored with the car and need a change have been looking at Vectra Sri's and even Clio Sports.

My astra is even up for sale at the moment but not had an ounce of firm interest. But im beggining to think do i really need to swop my car, what ever option i go for im going to have to outlay another 2-3k minimum for a piece of metal which transports me around for my job.

I love my astra in parts but then other times i wish i had left it standard.
    I like the vectras Sri model and i always have but am i getting the urge for one all because i want a change.

I know the answer off you folks is likely to be its totally your choice but i am really stuck.

If you dont like it, change it. Or, buy another cheap, but a quick runaround so you can swap cars when you feel like it.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i sold my mk4 a few years back and bought a brand new Clio it wasnt long until i wanted another mk4.my mate's got a 2001 vectra sri 130 dti and there is no way id leave my Astra for one its a nice car dont get me wrong but its just nowhere near as good as the Astra IMO.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    problem i face is i have 2.5k banked for which i am to spend on anything as i have other savings elsewhere.

Part of me thinks get yourself a newer car gregg, then the other side of me thinks dont bother get some coilovers and other bits and bobs for the astra

Although i know eventually i will end up having another car its just whether i bother now or leave it (till when i dont know)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast