Thread: Zafira B Horn

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Zafira B Horn

I have recently purhcased an 06 plate 1.8 SRi. I have found that when I have my lights on the horn doesn't work. Now the car didn;t come with an owners manula and I can't find anything on the vauxhall site to tell me if this is correct or if there is a fault.
    Does anyone know if this is a fault or a feature?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Think about it. Do you really think the horn turning off while the lights are on is a feature?

Your car is not only faulty, it's dangerous. Get it to the dealer ASAP.
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi jd34104,

I have just come back from Drive Vauxhall in Leamington Spa who had my 06 plate Astra Sri 1.9 CDTi in to look for a fault where the horn and trip computer stopped working intermitently.

Typically the car behaved itself at the dealers so they couldn't replicate the fault. When I collected it this evening it still behaved itself - until I turned the lights on to drive away - the rest you know yourself (I can't believe that I never noticed it was the lights after weeks of it playing up!)

Did you get this resolved with yours and if so how? (I am hoping its something I can do myself)

If the dealer fixed it, do you know what they did? And if not can you say which dealer it was, just in case mine are unable to do the repair?

Thanks

Zippyioa

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi,

Just noticed that I had another reply to this post. Unfortunately the local dealer who was intending to look at the problem has now closed down and the nearest dealer is some distance away therefore i need to get things organised with one of them. It has been suggested though that the switches in the steering wheel are the issue. I might have a look myself if I can't get anything sorted with the dealer.

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    This goes seem to come up a lot on the Zafira B and Astra H, the problems usually the CIM module
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    This goes seem to come up a lot on the Zafira B and Astra H, the problems usually the CIM module

I've had the same problems with my 07 Astra 1.6 Sporthatch. The steering wheel volume up button does nothing when the lights are on. Also, when the lights are on the Horn stops working and sometimes turns the stereo volume up. I've had the CIM replaced twice and still no luck in solving problem. Vx are now suggesting changing a wiring harness ??

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome GTCboy

I've heard another report of the wiring loom being replaced to fix this problem, lets hope vauxhall get to the bottom of it soon
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi

I have just had my astra finally repaired after experiencing this issue - It did take 3 months but i can confirm that it was the CIM Module.

I did suggest this to my dealer originally but they totally dismissed my comments - replaced 2 wiring harnesses/looms and the steering wheel, finally to advise me yesterday it was the CIM Module and the wire to it (sorry not very technical ! )

So hopefully all is now sorted

Once i eventually get paperwork from Dealer i will post to advise exactly what was replaced

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    At least someone seems to have got to the bottom of this problem. It would be great if you can post details fo the replaced items once you get the paperwork. I'm really looking forward to getting mine fixed as the volume control now doesn't work when the lights are on.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I forgot to ask in my previous post, was this fixed as a warranty fault by Vauxhall or was this seem as a customer issue and therefore chargeable?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast