Thread: Scorpion exhaust systems

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Scorpion exhaust systems

Right, I know a lot of you will have these fitted to your Mk4's so I would like to ask a few questions about them in a comparison to my car.

Quite a while ago I had a Scorpion twin exit cat back fitted to my Sport and they said that they had to bend some brackets to make the system fit. Is this a common thing to be done or is it just a Scorpion thing?!

Also, I was told that I couldn't lower my car by more than 25mm because the exhaust 'over-axle' pipe was very close to the rear axle and I risked it being bumped and damaged. Again, is this because it is Scorpion or is it common?! Obviously this question would probably have to be answered by someone with a Scorpion exhaust so any replies would be great for people who have them or know about them cheers for any help!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a Scorpion Evo cat back system on my SRi-T which required no modifications to fit what so ever (i'd say it's one of the best made exhausts i've ever bought). My car is lowered about 65mm on the rear using coilovers and there is plenty of clearance between the system and the axle!
    Astra G SRi-T - Gone to a new home
    BMW 530d msport - Gone to a new home
    Audi A4 1.8 20v - Coilovers and rims fitted

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the last time i fitted a scorpion was to my old 206gti180 (cat back) and it took the garage 1.5 hours of adjusting to get it to sit so the tailpipe was off the bumper cutout.
    driving over bumps (even small ones) you could hear it moving about - i fitted some powerflex bushes but they caused the tail to sit too high so it rested on the bumper again so i had to use the old bushes and put up with the knocking - wasn't impressed after paying £460