Thread: Arden Blue and Black Sapphire

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arden Blue and Black Sapphire

Ok, now I'm going to be getting a rather lovely GSi fairly soon but was wandering what these two colours were like for cleaning and keeping them in top condition.

I have heard of black cars being terrible at keeping clean but I would love to know if it would be too much work or not. Also, I haven't heard much on how Arden Blue holds up so any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Clearly I am slightly biased here as my car is Black Sapphire

But interpret this how ever you want Obviously Arden blue is the slightly more special colour, you know immediately it is a gsi, so its got the loud exclusive factor (that could be a pro or con )

But I am a serious fan of black cars. I think its slightly more classy instead of the custom paint job look. It is true black doesn't stay clean for long. After I have given mine a wash its easily dirty again within 50 miles of driving.

But when cleaned properly, it is so clean, you can make it like glass. Most people don't realise but black sapphire is a really deep pearescent colour, not just black. When detailed properly it goes purple in the sun

So I say your choice depends on what you want? arden blue is very in your face. where as black sapphire can be on SRI-T;s or on a regular SRi if the high spec pearlescent was chosen like mine. But I still think its a more sophisticated colour even if more common.

check out the kind of reflection you can get when polished, I took this picture of my door and it shows the house over the road, obviously you can make any paint shiny, but I think to get it so deep is only achievable on a black car.....
    323 BHP / 312 lbft.......

Status
    East Midlands RO
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i would be bias havin a arden blue gsi lol,
    i was the same when buyin mine,didnt know which 1 2 get?
    but i always said i would never get a black car again for day to day drivin cause i was cleanin it 3-4 times a week in the winter!
    dont get me wrong when it was clean it was awesome but in between not so good!

imo the gsi looks better in a lighter colour cause you can see all the detail

but this is my opinion!
    Astra GSi Turbo
    dap-performance.co.uk
    Live in the East Midlands?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Arden blue every time.

Even when it filthy it looks clean!
    When the sun hits it on a summers day, you know it looks the dogs danglies!
    Its pearlescent aswell-looks different colours in different light intensities!
    Former GSi owner, now own a plastic car with a vectra engine......

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm, very helpful guys. You see, I've always dreamed of having an Arden Blue GSi but I was thinking to myself the other day, do I really want that much attention and would it be a massive cleaning chore to have one in Black Sapphire. I've seen them in the sunlight and I agree the purple tint is rather sexy but we'll have to see. It's obviously a personal opinion, so I'll see what I fancy closer to the time. Thanks for your replies though, great help

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Heres a pic of all 4 gsi colours together so you can decide which looks better.

I think the arden blue doesn't look as shiney when its all cleaned and polished but it still looks clean when its dirty.

SMIC, miltek catback, precat, Thorney remap 242.7 bhp 281lb/ft torque

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as dharding said saphire black is a excellent colour in the sun when it go's purple its gorgeous and the reflection you can get in it is amazing but it soo hard to keep clean

arden blue is lovly aswell such a vibrent colour and is exclusive!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

my rear quarter panel

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I like black cars so I'm biased that way. It's looks great in the sun but is a real pain to keep clean. I like arden blue and very nearly had it but the majority of gsi are. That's not a bad thing but I prefer a little less popular. The blue does show the kit off better though.