Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mk4 C20LET van after market management

looking for some advice on "after market management" for a C20LET

just need some info on which places do it? what sort of prices? etc etc.

looking for around 400/500 bhp. if it has to be stand alone management it will have to be that.

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Wayne.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    TBH youll struggle to get much info on that here. Your best bet is to have a look on www.vauxsport.com Chip and a few of the other guys on there have a lot of knowledge and experience on big BHP on these engines, but at that kind of power you will need stand alone.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Great stuff, cheers for your advice mate.

iv got a couple of local companies to ring too, but i was sort of guessing stand alone would be required.

If anyone else knows of anyone that has had a stand alone for a C LET if you could let me know. cheers.

Wayne.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dave just a quick one, do you know of any of the "manufacturers" names, that do stand alone, like iv had someone tell me about "Wolf" ecu's is there others? that i can check on their websites and ask the questions to the manufacturers.

cheers.

Wayne.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    EDS have mapped to 400bhp+ on a Cally turbo with stock engine management in Germany, but they have had to do other serious work to the engine. Injectors and fuel pump have also needed changing to cope with the increased fueling.

With aftermarket management, it really comes down to what you have in the budget, at the cheap end DIY systems like Megasquirt can be setup to run with forced induction, then you go through the midrange kit such as Omex and then onto the mad stuff like Autronic, there's a guy on Zlet with this setup in Croatia whos got a Z20LET thats running 12s over the quarter.

It could be feasible to use a Z20LET management cheaply, Klasen Motors recently mapped their Opel Speedster on stock management to 520 bhp

I'm assuming your van will be running 4WD? After the 300bhp mark more power starts to equate to more wheel spin in heavier cars, as the torque overcomes the traction