Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bouncer Incident - advice please!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bouncer Incident - advice please!

This is a long one.. bear with it please!!

Last night I was out in town at a fairly good / up market club with some mates and my girl friend. I go to this place probably once a month and is normally safe / friendly etc. I was sober and driving.

The night is ending, most people are drunk and we are getting our coats about to leave. One mate gets grabbed by some bouncers and hauled away up the stairs - he is struggling a little and I say it's cool we're all leaving anyway. I don't touch anyone, I don't bring my fists up in a boxing stance or take up some ninja style poise. Neither do I reach into a backback and bring out an explosive device protruding with various wires and flashing lights. I am just standing there putting my suit jacket on. ( ponce? lol )

Next thing I know, I get elbowed in the back of the head. The only person I was aware of being behind me was another mate, so I turn around to be greeted by a bouncer who immediately punches me in the face. Fantastic. Next thing I know he has me in a head lock and is pulling my hair!!!! WTF? And I'm getting dragged up the stairs and thrown outside.

It hurt I'll be honest! I was also pretty pissed off as I'm sure you can imagine! I turn around to face the two door staff and shout what the hell was that for and try and explain to them what was going on. Granted I was loud and emotional at this point. I calm myself down to listen to the female door attendant ( not the one that decked me lol ) explain that that's what happens when your feeling up girls all over the club and that they had loads of complaints about a bloke in a grey T-shirt ( this was my mate apparently but she meant me ) doing this.

Ok then - I unbutton my suit jacket revealing my yellow ( gay lol ) t-shirt and ask her firmly again why I was punched in the face and thrown out. No answer this time. I demand to speak to a manager and after getting told no no no, eventually I do.

He gave me some standard bull, eventually turned around to the fact myself and g/f were normal and not looking for a fight or drunken idiots. He offers me to come in on Monday to sort something out / free drinks etc IF I don't involve the police.

Everyone else thinks I should involve the police. I have 24 hours in which to report this.

What should I do? Is it worth phoning the police and reporting it? What will actually happen? Selfishly, I won't get anything out of it will I - and it'll take up a fair amount of time / stress and hassle?

Any advice appreciated. Sorry for the long post.
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    report it, dont let them buy you with drinks or free entry!

this **** will only hit someone else!
    Car broken- A3 170 quattro s-line

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Mmmmh difficult one.... involving the police could turn nasty for revenge attacks etc - sounds harsh I know.

Whereas on the other hand u might be able to score some good benefits (bribe maybe) from the club if u dont get the cops involved.

My first thought was yeah defo get the cops as its nothing more than assault.....all depends where ur morals lie and if ur happy to report it/forget about it or milk it for what its worth and see what ya can get!

Status
    BAFPCITS
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Free entry for life....

As said, police will be hassle and nothing will come of it and chances are you wont be welcome at the club again...
    Mr Sploodge, Accept No Imitations!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get the manager to get the bouncer to apologise in person,
    From the East Midlands?
    Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leistershire, Derbyshire.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Definitely blag some freebies, but let them know if you witness any other events or are involved in anything else like that you'll hit them with the full force of the law.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    problem is if u report it to the police, you will get nothing but trouble in the future when your around town. because bouncers run most places in a particular areas.
    think u should milk them for free entry and free drinks. at the end of the day it will take to long to sort out through the police
    NORTH WEST REGION

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    sad as it is, the law will not protect you when it comes to going out in future as the others above have said. Personally I would go and see the manager on Monday and see what he says, if its not satisfactory go to the police.

Its a hard job being a bouncerand hard to get the right person but at the end of the day they have NO right to assult you even if you did do something wrong. The should ONLY remove you from the club with limited force.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hmmm - interesting points. I don't want to end up not welcome in other places I normally go without any issues. Even this particular place I really like. Doh.
    ShaanK. BMW E92 335i Msport and BMW E83 2.5i X3

Status
    User
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was this at the opal lounge? Can be a good idea to get in touch with the company who runs the door.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast