Thread: MK4 SRI N/A Traction Control

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MK4 SRI N/A Traction Control

My traction control and ABS light keep coming on, and now, more so its they are always on. I have had new brakes all round and new pads. Vauxhall said it might be a sensor. but how can I find out for sure without paying for everything else until its fixed?
    Goodbye

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The connector from the hub may have been knocked when the new pads were fitted, remove the connector from the N/S hub and clean the wires up and spray it liberally with WD40 and see if it solves the problem, it's usually that one which causes the problem.
    52 Astra G 1.8, 18" Mille Miglia alloys, 325mm Brembo 4 pot conversion, Coupe leather interior, Raid strut brace, Whiteline rear ARB, Irmscher bits (skirts, Carbon steering wheel, Bonnet extension, M3 mirrors, boot & roof spoiler), Reiger Rear Diffuser & Front Bumper, Koni Adj. dampers, 35/30 Vogtland springs, Duplex quad exit ASCAR stainless exhaust.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry, but how do I know which is the right wiring for the traction control?

Is it just on that side?
    Goodbye

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is one sensor on each hub, get it put on a computer to find which hub is causing the fault, though it is more often than not the NS one.

check the push fit connector in the wheel arch, probably clipped to the suspension leg, is tightly secured, worth undoing it and spraying a little wd40 on the connectors to remove any corrosion or dirt (make sure you dry it off before you put back together though)

if your handy with a multimeter may be worth checking continuity of the wires to see if you have a brake somewhere in the wire.

if you do/have done these checks and still have a problem its more than likely the hub sensor is knakered, and you may find that your speedo stops working. recently replaced the nearside hub on mine, phone LMF or AutoVaux for a price, much cheaper than Vx.

HTH

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by llihzag View Post
    there is one sensor on each hub, get it put on a computer to find which hub is causing the fault, though it is more often than not the NS one.

check the push fit connector in the wheel arch, probably clipped to the suspension leg, is tightly secured, worth undoing it and spraying a little wd40 on the connectors to remove any corrosion or dirt (make sure you dry it off before you put back together though)

if your handy with a multimeter may be worth checking continuity of the wires to see if you have a brake somewhere in the wire.

if you do/have done these checks and still have a problem its more than likely the hub sensor is knakered, and you may find that your speedo stops working. recently replaced the nearside hub on mine, phone LMF or AutoVaux for a price, much cheaper than Vx.

HTH
    Thanks

Il give that a go when I get back from holiday. As for testing the wires, are they push fit both ends?
    Goodbye