Thread: Astra 04 Starting problems

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Astra 04 Starting problems

Hi - I have a 2004 astra Life 1.4. I have been away for 3 weeks and now it won't start. The key fob doesn't work although I can open the driver's door with key the engine will not start. Tried recharging battery but still doesn't work. Have also tried disconnecting battery in order to reset the immobiliser but still no joy.

Please can anyone help?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    first id get a replacement battery fitted to ur remote - ok this wont affect the immobiliser in any way but it'll make it easier to get in n out the car. CR2032 is what u need and once u have it fitted - insert it in ignition, turn onto second click - ie when dash lights come on then press the lock button within 10secs the door should lock then unlock.

Now what happens when u try to start the engine? Does the starter motor turn or is it just dead full stop?

If u have no one to help u out and ur a member of a breakdown service then maybe it would be a good idea to call them - if u have homestart or equivalent.

Im sorry its not the best suggestion but im sure someone will be along soon to point u in the right direction.
    Welcome to AOC anyway - hopefully we'll get u back on track asap.