Thread: any one going the lemans 24hr?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

any one going the lemans 24hr?

Im off to france on Thursday afternoon for my annual trip to the lemans 24hrs!! I cant wait to get out there and relax from the rat race over here. Got the week after off aswell to stay at my parents not far from the track aswell lol got the chance to pimp it up in a CitroŽn 2CV aswell this year aswell as where storing it for a neighbour lol ( not as good as last years 300+BHP Volvo 850r estate and racing 911ís down the motorway lol )

Anyone else going?
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    you lucky sod wish it was me,one of my ambitions to go to le mans,i try and keep up with the placings on the internet and sky,what part of the track are you watching it from, have a great time mate,dont rag the 2cv to much

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nevertrustapunk View Post
    you lucky sod wish it was me,one of my ambitions to go to le mans,i try and keep up with the placings on the internet and sky,what part of the track are you watching it from, have a great time mate,dont rag the 2cv to much
    well start off at the Dunlop curves and then walk most of the track. We go to the Chinese on the mulsanne straight on Saturday night and then we know a secret route to the second chicane so we go watch most of the night section there watch the finish from the porsher curves tho

itís a FANTASTIC atmosphere once you go you will know what I mean mate. I know why my dads gone for the past 22 years now!
    Drives - Phase 2 Astra Mk3 Gsi = 139.56 BHP with 138.81 Torque

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nice one mate,i might even buy the radio package this year and follow it that way,the amount of brits over there for the race is huge,the car parks around the track must be worth a look round as well,its the gentlemans racing weekend,jags,astons,old british classic cars every where,hope you get some photos and post them up,this year they are giving out portable hand held tv's as a test for next year,no matter where you are on the track you can watch the race footage live and also change the channels and go to on board cameras in the cars,clever idea that,