Thread: Price for an exhaust

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Price for an exhaust

Exhaust has decided to grow a hole in it and the emissions light has just woken up Just wondering before i go around the garages tomorow if you guys could give me a heads up on the sort of price im looking at?

Just for a backbox for a 2002 1.6 16v convertible, standard exhaust.

Don't want anything aftermarket really as the car is being sold soon. Unless someone local to me has got something going cheap.

Cheers
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A local motor factors should be able to order u one in for approx £35-50

any rear box (providing it has the same flange or sleeve fitment and from a n/a petrol) from a coupe, cabriolet or saloon should fit - irrespective of engine size.

Most local places like this can have it on site within a few hours ready for collection. Should only take 30mins max to fit it ur self. Just give all the hangers and bolts a good going over with WD about a day before

You could always source one yourself but the postage on top of trade price may make in uneconomic.

Id defo have a trip to ur local shop and see what they can do. Probs wont need a fitting kit . but u may need a new o-ring gauze gasket. usually only about £2 from same type of shop

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers mate, gonna pop down my motor factors store see if theres any in right now.
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    some one on hear is selling a Irmscher one from a coupe that would help with the sale of the car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £225 lighter exhaust hadnt quite gone but would have in the next couple of weeks so had a new one chucked on, also the coilpack had gone. All sorted now, just a little skint.