Thread: Anyone been to the Jedi exhibition in London?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anyone been to the Jedi exhibition in London?

It's sad I know but I really want one of those green-screen style pics of me with a lightsaber. I've got one of my face on Conan's body and so many people look at it at work it's unreal.

Anyway, http://www.starwarstheexhibition.com mentions "special effects green screen and photo opportunities" but I don't know exactly what that means. Has anyone been and can clarify this please?
    Sure, people say 'Oooh, you could have gone round that corner faster in a VXR' but it doesn't matter, because I've got ninety million miles of headroom and a big grin on my face!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ooooh how long is it down there for or is it indefinate? (no mention of dates)

May pop in when im down in london in june lol
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    special effects green screen and photo opportunities" but I don't know exactly what that means. Has anyone been and can clarify this please?
    A green screen is just the same as a blue screen like what weather reporters use.

You stand in front of a green screen, they take a photo, then on a PC swap the green with picture. Picture could be anything like of R2D2 in side a ship, and it would look like you are standing next to them.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle247 View Post
    A green screen is just the same as a blue screen like what weather reporters use.

You stand in front of a green screen, they take a photo, then on a PC swap the green with picture. Picture could be anything like of R2D2 in side a ship, and it would look like you are standing next to them.
    Sorry, to clarify - I know what a green screen is, I just don't know what this means in context of the exhibition. Do you get to hold a lightsaber and does that get put in too, or is it just you in your normal clothes standing in a pic from the film?
    Sure, people say 'Oooh, you could have gone round that corner faster in a VXR' but it doesn't matter, because I've got ninety million miles of headroom and a big grin on my face!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_888 View Post
    Ooooh how long is it down there for or is it indefinate? (no mention of dates)

May pop in when im down in london in june lol
    You should have done a quick google

Quote Originally Posted by Some random site found through Google
    Having already proved popular in Japan, France and Portugal, Star Wars: The Exhibition will be shown in County Hall, London from 5 May this year.
    Running until 1 September, the exhibition presents a respectable collection of memorabilia, including 280 original film props, vehicles, costumes and models covering the entire Star War saga.

Visitors can apparently participate in several interactive exhibits and activities from Jedi training to a green screen simulation - which is the effect used to make it look as though you are in actually in the film.
    Other attractions we'd like to see, however, include a "Guess Which One's Heavier: George Lucas's Wallet or His Chin" competition and of course a life-size Jar Jar Binks, which the public can punch repeatedly
    there you go. runs until 1st september so plenty of time to go!

PMSL at the "which one's heavier his wallet or his chin" comment too!
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.