Thread: Busy day for the GSiT

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Busy day for the GSiT

As I was off work today I decided to spend a bit more time tidying up the GSiT.

First off was the interior, the other GSi had the haf leather half Alcantara interior in, as it will be remianing standard I decided to swap it into the GsiT:

Before:

After cleaning out the interior I found a Thomas the Tank engine in the rear, Thomas is now the official mascot, however we arent sure if he;s been on the Smarties or too much fizzy juice:

Next up was the grille. As is usual with a lot of MK3;s this car has had a replacement grille and bumper fitted, and rather than shell out for the headlight washers & foglights they have cable tied the requireed bits out of the way and ignored the fact they were missing. Having found the location of the headlight plumbing last night I decided to fit a smoother grille I had sitting:
    before:

after

Then it was onto the front indicators and some fo these were fitted:

Last but not least was the rear, I ha removed the many badges from the rear on Saturday but decided I still wanted a GSi16v badge on:

I also fitted some Inxx bonnet struts, which were a complete arse to fit, not greatly impressed, forgot to take a pic.

And last picture of the day, side on with the new wheels and the AS stickers fitted:

Im going back to work tomorow fora rest lol.

Whilst taking the door cards off I came across some more of roger the bodgers electrical work, with the wiring to the front speakers:

after

Interior out:

and back in:

Whislt I was doing this Turbodave was serving his time doing some work on the door locks.....long story

Next up was the dash. It was fitted with some Lockwood clocks, not up my street so they were promptly removed. This was where the head scratching began, rather than running a normal mechanical speedo, this car has been wired up to have an electical one, thankfully I had a few electrical speedos around so it has been replaced but still confusing.

After that the ridiculous gauge holder on the A-pillar was removed and a standard part put back in. As well as this the JVC touch screen shitter of a head unit was promptly binned, I had planned to put a CDR500 back in but I couldnt find a note of the code for it, so I had to put a Pioneer in there in the meantime:

before:

after:

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    For some reason the pictures have ended up arse to tit, and it wont let me edit them, toys pram out.

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Wow talk about productive! This the car thats coming to PVS??? Or you hiring a car transporter

Love the interior
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wont be going to PVS, but the plan is to have the car if not 100% complete then near enough complete. Im trying to get it in for pai before but it may prove to tight to do given the list of jobs that I have to do, planning another shift on it tomorow night. Big stumbling block has bee the electrical speedo issue, as its running an electrical speedo F28, Ill now need to loock at changing it to a mechnical setup as my Quaiffe diff is in a mechanical box grrrr.

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Top work DD - nice to see OEM stuff being fitted rather than aftermarket tat ! Keep it up !

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You have more astra parts lying around than the local dealers!
    888 Coupe - The original and best!
    For sale - 1x Kidney, Slightly abused by alcohol
    £45,000 or Part Ex for VXR8 Bathurst-S