As I was off work today I decided to spend a bit more time tidying up the GSiT.
First off was the interior, the other GSi had the haf leather half Alcantara interior in, as it will be remianing standard I decided to swap it into the GsiT:
After cleaning out the interior I found a Thomas the Tank engine in the rear, Thomas is now the official mascot, however we arent sure if he;s been on the Smarties or too much fizzy juice:
Next up was the grille. As is usual with a lot of MK3;s this car has had a replacement grille and bumper fitted, and rather than shell out for the headlight washers & foglights they have cable tied the requireed bits out of the way and ignored the fact they were missing. Having found the location of the headlight plumbing last night I decided to fit a smoother grille I had sitting:
Then it was onto the front indicators and some fo these were fitted:
Last but not least was the rear, I ha removed the many badges from the rear on Saturday but decided I still wanted a GSi16v badge on:
I also fitted some Inxx bonnet struts, which were a complete arse to fit, not greatly impressed, forgot to take a pic.
And last picture of the day, side on with the new wheels and the AS stickers fitted:
Im going back to work tomorow fora rest lol.
Whilst taking the door cards off I came across some more of roger the bodgers electrical work, with the wiring to the front speakers:
and back in:
Whislt I was doing this Turbodave was serving his time doing some work on the door locks.....long story
Next up was the dash. It was fitted with some Lockwood clocks, not up my street so they were promptly removed. This was where the head scratching began, rather than running a normal mechanical speedo, this car has been wired up to have an electical one, thankfully I had a few electrical speedos around so it has been replaced but still confusing.
After that the ridiculous gauge holder on the A-pillar was removed and a standard part put back in. As well as this the JVC touch screen shitter of a head unit was promptly binned, I had planned to put a CDR500 back in but I couldnt find a note of the code for it, so I had to put a Pioneer in there in the meantime: