....this will be fleet number 289.
Found this for sale on MK3OC and couldnt resist. Its a 1994 L Astra GSi, running a C20LET, F28 6-speed box, Koni suspension, some bling bling chav wheels and a few other engine upgrades etc etc.
The car was bought knowing it had a few running issues (despite the owners best efforts to hide them). 90% of the time it runs like a XE with a potato up its arse, however the other 10% of the time that it runs properly it goes harder than Ron Jeremy on over time. Looking around its clear to see where a couple of the running issues may have came from, for some unknown reason the lambda sensor has ben chopped and then put back together using 4 spade connectors (good to see Rodger teh Bodger electrical services are alive and well), also suspect the coolant temp sensor is faulty, but generally nothing to drastic.
After driving it a total of 12 miles I started taking it to bits. The bling bling wheels are now off (in the for sale section if anyone is interested), and have been swapped for some 16" softstars.
As well as that its also had the sump gasket replaced, along with a replacement lamda sensor
Hopefully once Ive sorted the snapped bolt in the exhaust (taking a break from that at the moment as Im waiting on the ginger one arriving with some added tools), Ill be able to see if the running problems are sorted.
All being well and back to running correctly it will be time to change the turbo over the a KKK26 Vmax unit, along with Evo5 software, 4bar reg, dawes device bigger FMIC than the one thats currently on & VXR injectors, a new exhaust system will also be required to go with this as who ever carried out the conversion has used the standard XE exhaust. Then it will be upto Wallace Performance for a rolling road set up.
Ill also need to replace the current F28 with my F28 which has a Quaiffe diff fitted along with a alloy flywheel (car apparently has a 4paddle clutch fitted but it drives to smoothly to have one imo), along with a few otehr things.