Thread: 18 inch alloys!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

18 inch alloys!

alright guys this has probably been asked before but i couldn't find anything using the search button! im hopefully getting a set of 18's for my mark 4! i was just wondering will there be any problems if i lower it 60mm? e.g will i need any arch mods? also anybody know any websites that do 60mm springs? i can only seem to find 40s! cheers in advance

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes u can drop it 60mm on 18s

BUT

only if the rim width is either 7" or 7.5" and the offset is between 38 & 49mm

Best to get a 7.5" rim as these tend to fill the arches better than a 7" wide rim - also try and get the offset as close to 49 as possible - as long as its between 38 & 49 its ok - just the higher the better.

You shouldnt need any arch mods providing u abide by the above rules.

If ur just looking for springs only - then Id seriously advise against 60mm!

Standard shocks can just about cope with 40mm drop - anything more then they'd suffer an early death.

If u really wanna slam it 60mm then get a fully matched kit of shocks & springs.

What's your budget as cheaper kits can be had

If ur feeling particularly flush then the best option would be to slam it on coilovers - again budget brands can be had for as little as £3-400

HTH

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    was thinking about spending about £150-200 that probably wouldnt stretch to a suspension kit would it? yea the rims i think i am getting are exactly et49, think the are 7.5 too will have to check!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally I use a kit that drops approx 55front 45rear - if that would be enough of a drop then the whole kit (springs & shocks) only comes in at approx £180 delivered

Its a top notch budget kit and quite a few guys on here use it now...Ive also recommended it to several Corsa owners who are happy with the handling results.

Let me know and I'll send ya the link

Im on 7.5 ET40 18s with 215/35/18 and mine never rubs - even with 5ppl and a boot full of shit

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yes please mate would you send me the link for that kit! i dont have loads of cash laying about or i would put a set of coilovers in her!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    PM sent ...