Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VXR Airbox into ZLet?

SXi Stu

VXR Airbox into ZLet?

Is this a straight swap? I already have the VXR AFM so I have the larger air pipes either side of the AFM but theyre mated to the standard Zlet airbox.

If this is a straight swap does anyone know how much the airbox is from vaux?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ive never actually looked at one but i would think theres no difference apart from the pipework and afm why not just get a 1.9 cdti
    REGAL TUNED 442BHP
    Astra G Gsi

SXi Stu
    does the CDTi air box have the same 80mm diameter as the VXR then?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No but it is easy enough to modify.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
    No but it is easy enough to modify.
    You can modify it, but I wouldn't say it's easy as it takes time and patience because you need to grind quite a lot of plasitc away and then add a collar for the pipe work to fit to.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

SXi Stu
    plus I would prefer to keep the crossover pipe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K3FUS View Post
    You can modify it, but I wouldn't say it's easy as it takes time and patience because you need to grind quite a lot of plasitc away and then add a collar for the pipe work to fit to.

I guess that the professionals make it look easy!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
    I guess that the professionals make it look easy!

I guess they do, Jon took nearly a day to fettle that, mind you he is a perfectionist, but who else would you want working on your car?

He was in yesterday (Saturday) doing your exhaust, you'll not be dispointed with that either..........looks like it will be running Monday.
    Things are looking good Scott, you should be pleased there's been a huge ammount of effort put in (a lot by Jon personally - he's even put on hold fitting the super charger to his personal VX220). Some things are obvious, like the manifold, others less so, the oil drain pipe from the turbo and the air box lid. All in all the work they have done for you will be well worth the wait, your smile will go from ear to ear and last for weeks, in fact you may even rival some one who's just been pimped!.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is a funny thread really because I was thinking the same..... Whats the point in fitting the VXR AFM when the airbox is the wrong diameter. ??
    Arden Astra GSI - Phase 3.5

EDS Phase 3.5 288 BHP 340 FT/LB

Inlet cam and Dbilas manifold.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K3FUS View Post
    I guess they do, Jon took nearly a day to fettle that, mind you he is a perfectionist, but who else would you want working on your car?

He was in yesterday (Saturday) doing your exhaust, you'll not be dispointed with that either..........looks like it will be running Monday.
    Things are looking good Scott, you should be pleased there's been a huge ammount of effort put in (a lot by Jon personally - he's even put on hold fitting the super charger to his personal VX220). Some things are obvious, like the manifold, others less so, the oil drain pipe from the turbo and the air box lid. All in all the work they have done for you will be well worth the wait, your smile will go from ear to ear and last for weeks, in fact you may even rival some one who's just been pimped!.
    Thanks for that update Keith - Courtenay are definately doing thereselves proud on this project. I know that Jon is a perfectionist, which is one of the reasons the project is with CS to begin with. I can't wait to get back next week. Hopefully be talking with Jon tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast