Thread: Coupe knock....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Talking Coupe knock....

I have a coupe turbo,and every now and then u can feel a slight knocking onthe steering,only through the steering.when turning corners mainly.but sometimes in a straight line, u cant hear anything or owt just every now and then.feels like a rubber bush or summet on way out.heard certain bushes on astras prone to going,same as on cavaliers.anybody any ideas. doesnt sound major just annoying.any help would be greatly appreciated,as want it doing b4 PVS...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    I have a coupe turbo,and every now and then u can feel a slight knocking onthe steering,only through the steering.when turning corners mainly.but sometimes in a straight line, u cant hear anything or owt just every now and then.feels like a rubber bush or summet on way out.heard certain bushes on astras prone to going,same as on cavaliers.anybody any ideas. doesnt sound major just annoying.any help would be greatly appreciated,as want it doing b4 PVS...

had the same problem with my mk 3 gsi. it was a top mount.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Coupe Steering Knock...

Got a small knocking coming through steering over small bumps and turning,any body else had this.had a reply earlier saying it may be top mounts,but doubt it as car has only done 27000 miles,so read on another thread bout anti roll bar link bars being prone to going on mk 4's. any body else had similar probs, and changed these and cured fault,as ive jacked car and suspension up,drivers side feels free 2 move,side to side,no up and down,but passengers side,side to side a little stiff... no up and down either.so to me doesnt seem any probs,and all dust caps seem intact?????just little stiff.not a major knocking but annoying me....ive checked other parts of suspension and every bush and mount seems fine.link bars look a doddle to change but 40 squid ad rather not spend iff not these.

Status
    2170:01:06
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    could be CV joins - does the knock occur when you accelerate for brake?

...and could you keep to one thread per problem please as it helps others follow whats going on easier. hence me merging the two and moving them to the correct forum

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Dont think its cv joints,nowt as major as that.it comes up through steering only a slight knock.