Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've held back for long enough, it's rant time! (orange)

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I've held back for long enough, it's rant time! (orange)

This must be my first new thread in ages and I'm going to make it a super-moany one!

Right, as many of you will know I moved to my own place a year and a half ago and in that time I've just been using internet round my mum and dad's on the occasions when I come to steal food off them (fairly regularly).

So anyway, I changed my mobile contract to Orange in January as they're a pretty good price for my usage and they offer free broadband. Excellent stuff. I call BT and get my line connected and go down to the local orange shop where a (frankly useless) member of staff gives me my handset and sets my account up. He tells me that my orange modem will be with me in 10 days.

It arrived on the 14th Febuary (a bit longer than 10 days but hey) and to cut a long story short the useless .... *cough* people still haven't managed to connect me. I've wasted an estimated 4hours+ on the phone to their technical monkeys who insist on running through the same tests every time I call and then diagnosing a fault on the line. They say they'll contact BT and it'll be working in 48 hours.

If you're still reading, well done, I'll try to finish soon....

Right, so on the 20th April I write to them detailing their awful service and including a little diary of all my calls to customer/technical services. To date I have not heard anything from them. I sent another letter the other day on our "3 month anniversary" but something tells me that if they ever do reply it wont be anywhere near satifactory.

Anyway, I'm going to take these *******s to the cleaners.... I'm already moaning to everyone I can about how bad their service is and I plan to write to Watchdog (who recently conducted a survey putting Orange at the bottom of all UK providers.... and comically enough somebody from Orange came on saying it wasn't good enough and they'll get it sorted). Sadly the Ombudsman doesn't deal with individual cases so it looks like they're a no-goer.

Any other (legal) ideas people?
    Nova Merit: 2000-2003 // Irmschered Astra SRi: 2003-2005 // Leon Cupra R: 2005 - 2006 // Linea Rossa Convertible Turbo: 2006-2008 // BMW 840Ci: 2008 - 2012

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    When u say the ombudsman - are u referring to Ofcom?

Surely they would be able to give Orange the kick up the arse required to resolve your problem. The thread of Watchdog usually does the trick too.

Although their site says they dont deal direct with individuals - Im fairly sure action would be taken once they were notified

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/consumeradvi...omer_services/

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that under law/regulations they need to reply to a complaint within 7 working days. Always send letters recorded.

My girlfriend has similar problems with Orange. And I've been with them for 5+ years with my mobile contract - 4 great years but the last has been a joke.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    We're writing to Trading Standards about TalkTalk, we placed our order on 9th March and we just got our broadband switched on last night! Shocking!
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy View Post
    We're writing to Trading Standards about TalkTalk, we placed our order on 9th March and we just got our broadband switched on last night! Shocking!
    My boss placed his order on the 5th of january and got switched on last thursday. Not so much talk in the talk talk eh.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Milzy
    I'm with orange broadband, and let me tell you there a ****ing joke! First, took absolutly ages to get transfered over, then took ages to actually get connected to the internet, when I did get connected, it lasted 3days, then got disconnected, took around a week to get back online, now I am online, I shud be gettting 8MB broadband, guess what I am getting? 1MB!!! The 1MB thing has been going on for ages now! ... I will get my money back, I can assure you, its just a joke it taking them soooo long!!!

They have acknowledged there is a problem, but what the hell are the doing about it? Seems like jack poo to me! But, I am a patient person, but there are limits!!!

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzy View Post
    I shud be gettting 8MB broadband, guess what I am getting? 1MB!!! The 1MB thing has been going on for ages now!
    Did they actually say you will be getting 8mb, or up to 8mb? No provider can guarantee an 8mb connection

Milzy
    Quote Originally Posted by buckle247 View Post
    Did they actually say you will be getting 8mb, or up to 8mb? No provider can guarantee an 8mb connection
    Yeah mate, they apparently said they have checked my line and it is capable of getting 8MB. To be honest, I would like at least 2MB, as that was what I was on before I upgraded, sorry mean, downgraded lol to orange!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We keep getting offered free broadband from orange and sky but when i look into it we cant as since we live in Hull, we have a Kingston Communications line in which means no **** er in the world will supply us broadband apart from Kingston Communications.
    But steve deffinatly give Ofcom a ring and maybe get another letter typed up saying if you dont have a reply within 14 days and some sort compensation such as a better broadband connection for free then court precedures will start. run it by a solicitor too maybe.
    I've Gotta Have More Cowbell Baby!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There's nothing you can do to improve the speed. It's all down to contention rates (the number of people sharing your 'line' in the exchange. My folks are lucky, as there are very few people who live near them with broadband, so they get more than the 2Mb they pay for. In the centre of Bristol or Reading you are lucky to get anything over 1-1.5Mb.

That is crap news Steve. Again there is no excuse for poor service or poor customer service. Most ISP's are the same, as they have to work out if the fault is with them or BT. You don't get that issue with BT
    0-60 in 6.5 secs and 48mpg- winner!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast