Thread: Engine Woes?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Engine Woes?

Hey all, went to start up engine earlier but wouldnt start, was turning over and not starting, eventually with some throttle pumping got it going but as soon as throttle was released it died.

So came on here had a little search and saw that it could be due to lack of oil pressure, so went out got some 10w40 oil and topped up, got it all running. left car running for a few mins notice a bit of smoke coming off, fairly light but still smoke nonetheless.

Could this be a sign of HGF? no mayo under the filler cap or on the dipstick, or could it just be my engine burning off the little bit of oil i spilt on the front of the engine when topping up.

Thanks

SoliD.
    2004 Performance Blue Ford Mondeo ST220

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow jam On Twitter
    Open the bonnett and check out where the smoke is coming from. Make sure that you haven't overfilled it. Check for oil & water in the engine coolant expasion tank.
    Its a jam thing

Haec credam a deo pio, a deo justo, a deo scito?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    when did u last service ur car ?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jam View Post
    Open the bonnett and check out where the smoke is coming from. Make sure that you haven't overfilled it. Check for oil & water in the engine coolant expasion tank.
    smoke appears to be coming from area around the spilt oil, under the plastic type cover on the engine, the coolant expansion tank the tank on the right hand side?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well had a little play tonight got it started up torch out and smoke looked to be coming from the area where i spilt oil, so took the risk and went for a drive, got up to running temps in usual time, and stayed there thank god

So no HGF yet, but I will be booking it in for a service and cambelt change methinks to be on the safe side as its done 51k and not had a service since 36k, and no ideas about the cambelt as i only got it in feb with 48k on it.