Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Silicone Hose Question

Hey All

I recently had all the chrome but in my car, there is a metal pipe that runs in front of the block above the heatsheid, it has two pipes coming from it, something to do with the thermostat or something, anyway my ne is looking rather crap and rusted so have ordered a nice new one from vauxhall but want to know if there is any hose kits that replace these two pipes? if not can these pipes be replaced by blue silicone hoses?

Also the ancillary hose kit, what pipes does it replace? does this include the coolant hoses that run from the expansion tank??

stupid questions i know but i wanna ger rid of some of these horrible black pipes and replace em with nice blue ones, also if anyone had any pipes or kits for sale let me know

D
    Coupe Turbo in Europa Blue "Yum Yum Me loves to Eat Fords & Type R's For Dinner"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile my engine

regal do a water hose kit but it only replaces one of the hoses at the metal pipe you r talkin bout. think u can buy lengths on ebay..just need 2 know internal diameter
    no comment

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mine have 8mm written on the outside - bought 2 x 1 metre lenghs

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cool so if i pick up some 8mm blue silicone hosing i can replace the pipes coming from the expansion tank to the thermo an so on, do i need to empy the coolant first or can i do it without??
    Coupe Turbo in Europa Blue "Yum Yum Me loves to Eat Fords & Type R's For Dinner"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lutoncoupe View Post
    cool so if i pick up some 8mm blue silicone hosing i can replace the pipes coming from the expansion tank to the thermo an so on, do i need to empy the coolant first or can i do it without??
    You can do it without draining the coolant - you will loose a little bit though so just top up after.

You can also source a new shiny metal pipe from vaux - about 12 quid iirc.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hey

i have ordered a nice new shiny pipe from my mates at motorbodies ( surprisingly nice for a vx dealer and helpfull to) and have brought some nice blue silicone hose 8mm from sfs performance (who are two mins from my house, bonus) so when the pipe is here i will set it up and post pics

many thanks for your help guys