Thread: Might be breaking my car

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Might be breaking my car

After a talk to a few at the rolling road and trying the baby seat in the car, its not looking promising tbh it is awkward.

With the dog as well in there it just aint big enough. So been looking at some zafira gsi's there in m price range.

Just unsure if I should break it and return to standard or try and get the most I can for it as it is.

Really dont want to get rid, but just can not justify keeping it then getting another car when im not using the one I have enough.

Should I keep and finsh the last steps or swallow my pride and let it go?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you have access to a lock up? Maybe dry store it for now and continue as a project but SORN'd and buy a cheap Espace or estate as family runner?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW View Post
    Do you have access to a lock up? Maybe dry store it for now and continue as a project but SORN'd and buy a cheap Espace or estate as family runner?
    Bit pointless though, I'm sure Brett would rather be driving the car and not having it stored away collecting dust. Probably rather have someone else getting the benefit of it, bit like when Shev sold her 888 and others have done the same.
    Fastest, Most Powerful & Only Mag Featured Astra In The AOC Cumbrian Region

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Let it go .. practicality with kid will win the day ...

Just make your mind up what to keep for the Zaffy, then try and sell as it is.
    Should get a few buyers...

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I wouldnt want to see it again if I sold it, It would grieve me, thats why I thought of trying to retunr it to close to standard as possible.

Dani's been golden saying that she can manage with it, and the zafira seems my best option as I still can play with it but be pratical too.

theres no way I could afford or want to dry store it

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    do not break that car untill you have had it featured, its ready now make the call!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    what the problems you are having with the babyseat, I just had problems getting one that fitted my 5dr mk4,

There are a few rear facing infant carriers that fit, Mothercares own brand one does, as does the britax as they make the mothercares ones. I also found the Red Hauck infant carrier to be a very good fit.

forward facing - My 18month old is in a Britax Renaissance ISIS, great fit.

I was having trouble with the bucket of the bench and the length of the buckle webbing causing buckle crunching.

Hope this is of help, sorry if its totally of subject.

Status
    Ex-Astra Owner
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well even though your car looks awesome i can see why you need to change it!

If i was you i would keep as much stuff as you can for the Zaffy, sell the other parts and then sell the car as standard, at least that way you wouldnt have to see some one else driving your artwork!!! lol

Are you going for the Zaffy GSI? Still reckon those buses are and shock so many ppl on the road. Plus you will have the power that you wanted to put in yuors anyway , win win situation in my eyes

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I guess you'll be seeing out the show season + getting your feature done before you sell or break it.

IMO after your feature would be the best time to sell up if thats what you want to do, as you will be doing it at your peak time with the car, best memorys of it

Can't see you having much trouble shifting parts if you do break it.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Your car is fantastic Brett. You owe it to yourself, and Dani to get it featured before you even contemplate stripping it!!!!
    0-60 in 6.5 secs and 48mpg- winner!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast