Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yellow van on ebay... anybody's on here?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

yellow van on ebay... anybody's on here?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2000-VAUXHALL-...QQcmdZViewItem

anybody's on here? or does anybody know anything about it?

it would be fair to say I like this a lot!
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    A Pineapple Yellow 1.7Dti Van with rear drums, a tow bar, condensation in the lights and an Irmy exhaust that's about to fall off, that has covered 108,000 miles and he still wants £2995 for it??

Any reason why you like it so much??
    0-60 in 6.5 secs and 48mpg- winner!

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    I like it because its different.. I wouldn't pay £3k for it either, thats for sure, but I like it nonetheless.

I was thinking of something similar for a works van, stick a company logo on the side and it would certainly do a good job of attracting attention to the business.

as for the problems you've stated:

condensation in lights: - no probs, its been tackled before on here and could be again. Also option of changing lights for something else, maybe angel eyes or similar.

exhaust: nothing that can't be rehung. probably just fallen off rear hanger

towbar: this is a good thing IMO, as it would be a works van and towbar would be more than useful in my line of work for towing a trailer containing items that don't quite fit in the back (such as a treadmill )

rear drums: wouldn't matter, as I'd change it to 5 stud with discs anyway (using my estate as the donor car!)

As I said, I wouldn't pay £3k for it (although looking again it seems someone is willing to!), I reckon the cost of the respray, the GSi bumper, tinted headlights & the wheels have probably cost IRO £2000 when new so I can see why he's listed it at that price.. whether its worth it or not doesn't come into it either really - if you don't thinnk its worth it, then haggle. If you do, then haggle anyway...

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Those rear drums make me want to cry.

Potential to be a nice van though, about a grand overpriced though.
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ...also, that's not pineapple. That's "council van" yellow
    Previous Astras: 1994 Cesaro 1.8 16v | 2002 SXi 1.6 16v | 2001 Coupé 2.0 Turbo | 1999 LS 1.6 16v
    Other Vauxhalls: 2001 Vectra 1.8 16v| 2003 Vectra GSi 3.2 V6 | 2005 Signum CDTi 150

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    MY EYES!
    Corsa B white gsi c20let

Astra mk4 van - white on 18" MOs

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    I was thinking of something similar for a works van, stick a company logo on the side and it would certainly do a good job of attracting attention to the business.
    Looks like every AA van, Old style BT van and council van on the roads. Kawasaki Team Green would attract more attention!!

condensation in lights: - no probs, its been tackled before on here and could be again. Also option of changing lights for something else, maybe angel eyes or similar.
    exhaust: nothing that can't be rehung. probably just fallen off rear hanger
    towbar: this is a good thing IMO, as it would be a works van and towbar would be more than useful in my line of work for towing a trailer containing items that don't quite fit in the back (such as a treadmill )
    rear drums: wouldn't matter, as I'd change it to 5 stud with discs anyway (using my estate as the donor car!)
    It already has Angel eyes - that's what's steamed up. Yeah it can be fixed, but still a pain.
    An owner that hasn't rehung his exhaust before putting it up for sale shows that he doesn't care much about it. If he doesn't care too much, then what else about the van has been neglected?!?
    Towbar - yes it is practical, but if you want a practical van - then a Transit or L200 or similar would be better (and looks good with a towbar).
    If you're gonna change the whole van to 5 stud then you'd be better off having the rear windows in your estate removed and replaced with panels, then removing the rear seats and lining the load area with plywood - far more practical than a 'real van'!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't want to sound like one of the kids on Barryboys, but HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    2007 Metro Blue 5 door Mk5 Elite 1.7CDTI
    6th Vauxhall (4th Astra) in 10 years...plus a couple of other sheds...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Teejay View Post
    Kawasaki Team Green would attract more attention!!
    hmm now there's a thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Teejay View Post
    It already has Angel eyes - that's what's steamed up. Yeah it can be fixed, but still a pain.
    An owner that hasn't rehung his exhaust before putting it up for sale shows that he doesn't care much about it. If he doesn't care too much, then what else about the van has been neglected?!?
    Towbar - yes it is practical, but if you want a practical van - then a Transit or L200 or similar would be better (and looks good with a towbar).
    If you're gonna change the whole van to 5 stud then you'd be better off having the rear windows in your estate removed and replaced with panels, then removing the rear seats and lining the load area with plywood - far more practical than a 'real van'!
    fair point (s) I guess, but I don't tend to look at things like that. For one thing, changing the lights is no different to me swapping mine coz they're shitty standard ones Also, yes I agree a nice L200 would be great, besides the fact the price is several times that of an astra van. Also, I would rather carry my shit to work than drive a transit (well, besides that new sporty one, but then again there's the ££££ to think of ) also I couldn't be doing with the hassle of getting the estate converted to a van & getting plylined. I think you'd find it would cost as much if not more than buying the equivalent van (not the one in the listing necessarily)

I guess this shows tastes differ and whilst I will happily say I like this van (as I seem to like a lot of modified vans/estates) I will also point out I think this is overpriced, and if it were me doing it I wouldn't quite do it the same... I'd go for an eco4 engine (£35 annual road tax ) then fit full opc kit and spray in that tasty shade of kawasaki green (or maybe a flourescent purple ) with a set of 18in Penta's...

now if only the boss would let me build the next vehicle rather than giving me another shitheap...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast