Thread: Removing Clifford Alarm

Milzy

Removing Clifford Alarm

Hey guys,

On my new car, it had the Clifford Avantgaurd 4 alarm system installed with remote starting, auto locking doors and auto lights. Cool I hear you say? Well...

I want to take the shit thing off lol... I just feel as its one big gimmick .

The auto lights, cant turn the lights off in the dark without turning the ignition off, the locking door thing, works when it feels like it, remote start - not for me sorry, i think it gay... the only good thing I can think of is the nice red light lol.

Anyway what this thread is about lol, how difficult will it be to remove?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    After having seen a concept 300 being installed and taking 6 hours by a trained technician, it would be relatively easy but time consuming.

You'd have to un-splice the wires from the fuel pump, indicators (for the flashes), the ignition, starter, lights etc. Then make sure it is in Valet mode so as not to set the thing off. And get the wireless brain out too. No easy task IMO. Might be worth getting an alarm fitter to do it for you? Or just leave it in, turn all the features off and benefit from the reduced insurance premiums from having a thatcham cat1 alarm and immobiliser?!

Milzy
    Wooo, didnt realise it was integrated into all them systems... I bought the car like that, so going back to the guy that fitted it is a no no, however, there is a clifford alarm fitter a couple of miles away.

Thats what I do at the moment, leave it in valet mode/turned off, and use the standard alarm as that is a CAT1 and tbh, prefer using that as it uses the deadlocks unlike the clifford. And I'm not really keen on the idea of remote starting. In fact its more a feeling of "will this clifford cause problems with the standard alarm system", I have no garantee it was fitted properly as I didnt watch the guy do it let alone have a garentee if anything does go wrong!

But from what you have said mate, no easy task indeed

EDIT: PLus carrying them clifford remotes makes me look like a got a big ass lump on my thigh lol

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have a word with this other installer.....

Ask him how much to remove...than ask him how much to get it working the way you want it to !

There is a degree of flexibility in the fetaures and what they activate.
    I'm sure it could be sorted to work deadlock easy enough.

Milzy
    Sound bit of adive there Mr Coo

Get these exams out of the way, got one tomoz!! And I will be on the case!

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzy View Post
    Wooo, didnt realise it was integrated into all them systems... I bought the car like that, so going back to the guy that fitted it is a no no, however, there is a clifford alarm fitter a couple of miles away.

Thats what I do at the moment, leave it in valet mode/turned off, and use the standard alarm as that is a CAT1 and tbh, prefer using that as it uses the deadlocks unlike the clifford. And I'm not really keen on the idea of remote starting. In fact its more a feeling of "will this clifford cause problems with the standard alarm system", I have no garantee it was fitted properly as I didnt watch the guy do it let alone have a garentee if anything does go wrong!

But from what you have said mate, no easy task indeed

EDIT: PLus carrying them clifford remotes makes me look like a got a big ass lump on my thigh lol
    Sorry mate but with a clifford remote start alarm the factory system won't be cat 1 approved anymore
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Milzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Sorry mate but with a clifford remote start alarm the factory system won't be cat 1 approved anymore
    Oh for feck sake lol, why would you put another alarm that gets rid of the standard CAT 1 status? Stupid if you ask me!

Even more reason to get on the case and get rid of this clifford rubbish.