Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter

next meet LOCATION discussion thread

Right, I have been doing a bit of thinking (yes I know it WAS painful actually.. ) and have come up with this...

as you can all (hopefully) see, its a map showing most of our region, with various differing numbers doted around (sorry not the best font but this is only map v1.0). The cleverer ones of you will notice that the numbers correspond to the positions we all are on the new members list, hence there's a 1 where i live, running down to14 @ North Walsham for K3FUS.

As people add themselves to the members list (at moment in time there are 14 people!) I wll add them to this map, and we can use it to plan meet locations. I suggest for the next meeting, we stick to somewhere central to the current members locations... Looking at the map, anybody any suggestions? and do we just want a meet, or to plan something for the day such as an event or activity?
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    one think I have just noticed is that the central point at the minute seems to be around Dereham/Watton/Swaffham... I would like to point out that this is merely coincidence and not just because its nearest to me

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I reckon Norwich would be good. Lots of places to park up and eat!
    Lower than a squashed hedgehog
    Wanted F23 gearbox for an x20xev

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's not simply geography, it's also location, we need something to do.

Bowling = laugh
    Go Karting = ego inflator/deflator
    Meal = fat tummy & chance to chat

What about bowling @ Bowthorpe plus a meal in the ClockTower (I assume it's still called that?) There's lots of places to park, opportunities to chat and it's not dependent on the weather.
    Tell me what you've done, not what you're going to!

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by K3FUS View Post
    It's not simply geography, it's also location, we need something to do.

Bowling = laugh
    Go Karting = ego inflator/deflator
    Meal = fat tummy & chance to chat

What about bowling @ Bowthorpe plus a meal in the ClockTower (I assume it's still called that?) There's lots of places to park, opportunities to chat and it's not dependent on the weather.
    I agree entirely it shouldn't just be location it should be about an activity as well, but the Hunstanton meet was ok as we all just went for a wander round the town after we'd sat & talked for an hour or so.. Wherever we decide to hold it, we can find an activity nearby I'm sure. With this part of the world being one of England's biggest tourist areas its not like we're short of places to go!!

I do seem to remember we tried bowling @ bowthorpe once before, it wasn't exactly um... successful but if people want to do that again...?! I'm up for it, but maybe look for somewhere else for a meal, the last time I ended up in the clocktower lets just say the food wasn't something that I was especially happy with. There's always the brewers fayre @ the showground just down the road though...

Whilst on the subject of activities, another thing I could sort out perhaps if people are interested, is a paintballing day. Not sure exactly on costs without gettng a definate list of people who are 100% sure on coming, but I can look into it. There's a place called Skirmish just off the A47 (therefore easy to find) at Necton (between Swaffham & Dereham).

Just had another thought as well, what about either a meet in the afternoon somewhere then a trip to swaffham raceway in the evening? or maybe the same in Kings Lynn then go look at the speedway? (if there's any on)

EDIT - I have updated map as well, so any thoughts? Anywhere along my stretch of road Swaffham to Norwich area is looking good ATM...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Riverside in norwich? We can park up in morrisons and laugh at the chavs, then theres pizza hut, bowling etc. I dont mind!

Quote Originally Posted by peteg2004 View Post
    but maybe look for somewhere else for a meal, the last time I ended up in the clocktower lets just say the food wasn't something that I was especially happy with. There's always the brewers fayre @ the showground just down the road though...
    Exaclty what i thought, not been to the Clocktower but looks abit of a sh*thole and not heard good reports....but it has been refurbed i believe!
    Arden Blue Astra Vxr

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgy View Post
    Riverside in norwich? We can park up in morrisons and laugh at the chavs, then theres pizza hut, bowling etc. I dont mind!

good call this one..

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    From being in cambridgeshire,am happy to travel to central points suggested, Dereham, Swaffham, Thetford etc... Used to travel to Thetford and Norwich on old performance astra group meets.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    id say norwich would be good

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    How bout carting in Cromer then find a pub in town and have a meal.
    Lower than a squashed hedgehog
    Wanted F23 gearbox for an x20xev

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast